Author Topic: Yeah..it is ~Date Night~  (Read 2070 times)

quietdynamics

Yeah..it is ~Date Night~
« on: December 07, 2013, 02:55:13 PM »

Yes, time to dust ourselves off, well at least me.
Do up the hair, Make-up..a bit more than blush...lol.

Get out the higher heeled boots. Minimal walking, though the town is cute and after the concert I like to stroll and look at the younger people mid 20's plus out having fun...lots of pubs and such.

We are off to Pucks, a small live concert venue in PA. Very small.

Choice was  a concert of Christmas music at the Unitarian Church...sorry I am just not ready. Did find a Scottish Concert later in the month.

...Or listen to  The Whiskeyhickon Boys - Bucks Montgomery Music Awards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zih5ncwe0Dw

It was a "no brainer"...seat dancing, leg wagging night. Flirt in public, not unsual, with DH...he still blushes.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

quietdynamics

Re: Yeah..it is ~Date Night~
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 12:27:10 PM »

We had a great time at Pucks' last night.

Turned out we enjoyed the first band better..named "Hot Beer"
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10101806788992253&set=o.522688404468622&type=2&theater

It is such a small space that we chatted with two of the band members. Well, in truth, I am the 'chatter' in this family..lol. Love meeting different kinds of people. I love hearing about people and their adventures..lol
Their music reminded me of the type I heard when I skied Killington..once!..and we went out for the evening...memories.

Speaking of memories...Ouch the "headliner" group...well, they did remixes and added a type of New Orleans Skatt/rap?\, singer played the mandolin ... 80's music.
Looked around and said to DH "Honey, I think we are some of the few people here who heard the original versions...groan". Oh my and some dancers doing moves I taught when I was a dance instructor ( my after class job while in college..I liked latin).

So it was fun, interesting, a mixed treat for us.
We ordered a fondu of artichoke and crab, it came served with roasted walnuts, fanned slices of granny smith apple and thin toasted bread.  It was very, very good.
Also, smoked salmon, puffed nachos.

We drank a mix of ginger ale, cranberry juice with a splash of orange and it came with slices of orange and lime...very pretty and tasty.  The splash of orange juice really made the difference and we are going to make that at home. Plus that fondu. 

Hope you enjoy the music...and try the drink.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

Cassi307

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 12:58:06 PM »
So glad you had a great time. It is a well deserved reminder that we can enjoy normal moments.
With the exceptions of the artichokes the food sounded yummy. I wish I could have listened to the music but my ipad is a snob.

Keep enjoying those date nights!
Sjogren's, seronegative RA,  ckd, hyperparathyroidism, asthma,  osteoporosis,  Meds:  amlodipine, low dose Prednisone, calcium, sodium bicarbonate. Also, multivitamin and B complex

quietdynamics

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 01:03:16 PM »
I wish I could have listened to the music but my ipad is a snob.

LOL...kick your son off his.  ;)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 05:10:12 PM »
Sounds like a wonderful night, QD!

Nice to hear how things are going in real life!

Hugs, Elaine
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) C-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om. 3-Naltrexone-Esomep.

Cassi307

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 05:53:30 PM »
I wish I could have listened to the music but my ipad is a snob.

LOL...kick your son off his.  ;)
Ipad does not support flash so I miss things people post. Other than that. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Sjogren's, seronegative RA,  ckd, hyperparathyroidism, asthma,  osteoporosis,  Meds:  amlodipine, low dose Prednisone, calcium, sodium bicarbonate. Also, multivitamin and B complex

quietdynamics

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 06:14:11 PM »
Sounds like a wonderful night, QD!

Nice to hear how things are going in real life!

Hugs, Elaine

Yes..it is nice to get out on a date.
Rest up for the event (sometimes it does not happen, but then sometimes like last evening we 'get it right' ). I take some extra neurontin with me (if I need it to get back to the car or such.) Did not need it last night..yeah.

The local Unitarian Church is only a 10 minute drive. On some Saturday evenings they rent the space to a private concern that brings in Folk Music ( I like the Appalachian especially...different). The acoustics there are great and again a smaller crowd, this one more sedate. You can still go talk to the artists..fun.

I am having a managed symptom period, I am not going to even wonder why...and missing the things I used to do before...just wanted to share some music with our group here.  :)

Take you on a bit of an adventure..