Author Topic: Cancer and Sjogrens Update Ugh!  (Read 10196 times)

quietdynamics

Re: Cancer and Sjogrens Update Ugh!
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2014, 08:45:49 AM »

" I am trying not to cry ..."

Cry and let it out.. to make room for the good.
Like a plate that is full... get rid of the "stuff" ... and then fill it with the new free space with 'delights'

Repeat as necessary..

Listen to Vivialdi.. immerse. Do you have earplugs? Huge difference with music immersion.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

angeldancer

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2014, 09:20:25 AM »
Quietdynamics?I have not listened to Vivaldi in a long time.  Thanks..excellent suggestion.  I know you say cry but it would be nice to stop.  I guess the emotions are so much.  But today will be Vivaldi and hot green tea.  Maybe I can get some avocado down and tomatoes.  Yummy? BTW when I saw i wasn't getting enough water down I did buy a cupcake and got two bottles of water down.  The cupcake masked the horrible taste that comes with chemo.

Blessings,
Angeldancer
eagles flight//

Sjogrens, Arthritis, colonrectal cancer survivor, Diverticulosis, fibromyalgia, chronic sinus, chronic pain, kidney stones,  chronic allergies, digestive tract issues, norco, plaquenil, ativan, ambien, lyrica, claritan, neuron tin, celexa,predinisome,

Pisces24

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2014, 05:55:50 PM »
I can understand horrible tastes when you are on chemo. I was on R-Chop 6 mos in 2012.

The weirdest thing with me was smell. I kept smellng what I can only describe as "maple syrup hot dogs". Ugh!  :P It would definitely put me off food at times.

I had trouble with weight during chemo so my dr "to the envy of one of my friends HaHa" told me to eat just anything. Didn't care what EAT!
I also had methotrexate shots which at onset gave me a bad headache. Dr told me increase caffeine so drink more pepsi and eat more chocolate.  I sure couldn't complain about my diet on chemo.

Good Luck with you!

Pisces24

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2014, 05:58:03 PM »
OH.  Also, I was solo through my chemo treatments too. I have no family except 1st cousins many miles away. 

littleone

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2014, 09:23:25 PM »
I wish we all lived closer,angel dancer. I am sending light bright littleone energy.   

PS do we have more access to these emoticons above? I need a group hug emoticon.

stillinshockwithsjogrens

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2014, 10:32:20 PM »
The beauty of this board!  I live close to Angeldancer!  When she feels well enough, we're going to meet.  Angeldancer, don't you hold back, I have a flexible schedule and can bring you anything you need, cupcakes, avocados, tomatoes, even if it's just companionship.  You're going through so much....and you are so beautiful!!!  You're not alone.  I'm 15 minutes away!  You're going to come through this and you'll need help.  Call on me. 

HUGS!

Thea

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2014, 06:20:10 AM »
Angel, take up StillinShock's offer. Allowing people to help is a gift you give them.
Inflammatory osteoarthritis, dx Nov 2013, Secondary SS (sero-neg) dx Feb 2013, Type 2 Diabetes (diet controlled), Post-Viral Syndrome (lungs); Hydroxychloroquine, Restassis, Omega 3 oils, Optive Advanced, Biotene, fluoride gel, MI Paste

Tivia

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2014, 07:49:58 AM »
I hope you are feeling better Angel. You have been through the wringer in a short period of time. I would start talking to Stillinshock on the phone and get to know each other. Then if you are comfortable meet in person, some very close friendships can start this way. Maybe you can do things and talk about things other than sickness that will be positive in your lives and not dwell on the bad. I think we tend to focus too much on bad, and yes there is a alot of bad. But focusing on that alone can make the mind/body worse. It would be great to have a friend that shared in what your are going through, but at the same time you two could lift each other up and do things that take the focus off the illness.

iabarbosa

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2014, 06:46:25 PM »
Angel,
I pray that you are improving.   I will have surgery for colorectal cancer in two weeks and you inspire me.
Sending lots of love
Isabel
@CyclingSjoggie

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2014, 11:21:01 PM »
I am praying for you angel. You are not alone even though it's easy to feel that way even when someone has family. Not always the family understand. You have someone reaching out to you, because you are special.  :) :) :)

Everyone here is special.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi