Author Topic: Cancer and Sjogrens Update Ugh!  (Read 10276 times)

slccom

Re: Cancer and Sjogrens Update Ugh!
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2013, 12:01:33 PM »
Your local library will bring books to the homebound, so you should ask them to bring it to you.

Hang in there -- you'll get though this.

Hugs, Sharon

angeldancer

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2013, 07:46:39 PM »
Thanks sitcom.  I will call on Monday and try to see who can bring books to me.  That is an awesome suggestion.
eagles flight//

Sjogrens, Arthritis, colonrectal cancer survivor, Diverticulosis, fibromyalgia, chronic sinus, chronic pain, kidney stones,  chronic allergies, digestive tract issues, norco, plaquenil, ativan, ambien, lyrica, claritan, neuron tin, celexa,predinisome,

iabarbosa

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2014, 05:59:38 PM »
How are you doing?  No recent posts from you

Isabel
@CyclingSjoggie

angeldancer

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2014, 07:12:01 PM »
Sorry for no update!  I was in the hospital unfortunately.  I am out and have started chemo.  I just need a lot of rest to get through the side effects.  i will be ok.  I am prayerful.  Thank you all for thinking about me.   The new cancer center seems to be really caring and watch you like a hawk.  They won't give treatments if they think it is detrimental to you and I like that.  Ihave to have shots build my blood count because with Sjotgrens its already low and chemo makes it drop even lower.  God bless all of us on this journey.
eagles flight//

Sjogrens, Arthritis, colonrectal cancer survivor, Diverticulosis, fibromyalgia, chronic sinus, chronic pain, kidney stones,  chronic allergies, digestive tract issues, norco, plaquenil, ativan, ambien, lyrica, claritan, neuron tin, celexa,predinisome,

machenza

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2014, 07:34:15 PM »
Dearest Angeldancer,

You are a brave woman and you will get through this. I saw that you had the first chemo, and this is the right thing to do, and the sooner you start the better.

I am praying for you,

Nellie

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2014, 09:33:31 PM »
God be with you are you travel this road. May your strength not fail you too much and hopefully the side effects will not get you down. God Bless. Irish

gemini052377

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2014, 10:27:45 PM »
Angeldancer, keeping you in my thoughts. Please know you do not walk this journey alone, we will send you strength, peace and hugs. Prayers for little to no side effects with lots of healing.

Take care,
Mary
Mary-Primary Sjogren' s, Hashimoto' s Auto Immune Thyroid, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Reynauds, and busy mom of 4 kiddos :)

Thea

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2014, 10:53:42 PM »
I'm new to this board, but reading this thread I just have to send you my hugs and healing thoughts. It's a hard path you've been given, but I believe you have the strength to walk it.
Inflammatory osteoarthritis, dx Nov 2013, Secondary SS (sero-neg) dx Feb 2013, Type 2 Diabetes (diet controlled), Post-Viral Syndrome (lungs); Hydroxychloroquine, Restassis, Omega 3 oils, Optive Advanced, Biotene, fluoride gel, MI Paste

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2014, 11:23:33 PM »
You are still in my prayers. I was glad to see you post. As you are able too let us know how you are, and if there is anything we can do.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

quietdynamics

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2014, 04:53:35 AM »

So good to hear from you. And that the medical team is being cautious and caring.
Hope you are relaxing as best you can, listening to good music. Keeping busy with postive things in the face of such adversity.

I used to have the mantra: I dance in the face of adversity.. well sometimes I have to do toe tapping now.  ;)
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

cccourt1942

• Suffered from numerous symptoms for about 25 years
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2014, 05:48:48 AM »
This thread was before I joined this forum.  Oh my goodness.  This plight of Angel along with the wonderful sentiments and messages filled with resources is overwhelming to me.  Angel:  You are blessed by this group's association to you.  The hard choices you have had to make.  Bless you and yours.

I hope by this time you have found  a "real" people group in your area so there are some others helping you.

I wish we were within a 15 mile radius and could help one another along the way. 

Hope you have a great day...which in turn will turn into another great day..and ultimate week-end!
ccc
Sjogren's, Psoriasis, Hashimoto's, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Cold hands/feet,  fatigue,  pilocarpine-25 mg , Restasis, Plaquenil, Low dose Prednisone (2-3 mg daily) Xylimelt, Citrucel, Alcon-Naturale, Tears,Omega 3, Vit.D, Caltrate+D3, Fosamax, CoQ10, Zinc, Oxtellar. Levothyroxene

Cricket

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2014, 01:33:21 AM »
You CAN do this, I have faith in you.

Stay away from people who are sick, I need to take my own advice.   I went to a baby shower and my cousin had a cold, it was just the end of one she said.  Did not kiss or touch or sit close, but I got bronchitis and three weeks later I had chemo, thought I would be alright.....NO!  Got a relasp of bronchitis, went back to doc and he said I have whooping cough, wonderful!  So my advice stay away from people even if they are a little sick.

Praying for you.  Cricket~
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

quietdynamics

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2014, 07:41:36 AM »
Cricket .. sorry you picked up a 'bug'.
Even when grandaughter brought one home from school and it went through the home... I was selfish (joking) and stayed away from people .. not wanting to share.

And watch for those door knobs in public bathrooms.. really.
We wash our hands thoroughly .. then touch that ... Yuck.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 07:43:16 AM by quietdynamics »
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

angeldancer

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2014, 07:26:15 PM »
Thanks you guys.  I went today to have chemo unhooked or whatever they call it, and went into the restroom.  Yes, do not touch door knobs without tissue or hanky.  Thanks for saying I can do this and I got this.  Tonight I will put some music on and dance even if I can't stand.  Your words of encouragement helps so much.  I am trying not to cry and I know it will get easier but I got this.  Pain and all I got this.  You guys are so awesome and have made my lonely world so much better.  You are my family!
eagles flight//

KRNLMBCH

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2014, 07:55:24 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear what you are facing.  Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Karen, 52.  Parotitis, Diffuse Connective Tissue Larynpharoyngeal Reflux, SiccaSyn. Hypothyroid, High BP, Vit.D Defic.,Plaquenil, Prednisone, Cevemeline, Levothyroxine, Nifedipine, VitD, Pantoprazol, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Fentynal patch