Author Topic: Cancer and Sjogrens Update Ugh!  (Read 10273 times)

bjnc

Re: Cancer and Sjogrens Update Ugh!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 02:21:40 PM »
Praying for you and hoping you can get some kind of help with Home Health or another avenue.  Also, do you have a church group for friends who could give you support?

Becky
Female 56, diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis 1986; also have Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease (in my case, a combination of Lupus and Sjogren's), Grave's Disease. Remicade, (a biologic for Ps. Arthritis), Arava, Cymbalta, Evoxac, Trazodone, Synthroid; Miralax

LucyD

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 06:24:21 PM »
Angeldancer, sending healing thoughts and prayers. I so hope you will have everything worked out for your care and support.
Dxs: Sjogren's - seronegative, UCTD, soft tissue joint pain, Hypothyroidism
Medications: Plaquenil 400 mg/day, Restasis, Synthroid, Cytomel, Celexa, Deplin (L-methylfolate) (for MTHFR genetic defect)

angeldancer

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 01:15:12 AM »
Thanking everyone for their thoughts and prayers.  Chemo is coming soon.  Staying prayerful.
eagles flight//

Sjogrens, Arthritis, colonrectal cancer survivor, Diverticulosis, fibromyalgia, chronic sinus, chronic pain, kidney stones,  chronic allergies, digestive tract issues, norco, plaquenil, ativan, ambien, lyrica, claritan, neuron tin, celexa,predinisome,

gurs

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 04:12:15 AM »
Bless all of you dealing with cancer and Sjogrens...I cant even imagine!!!! stay strong.

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

angeldancer

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 07:36:24 AM »
Thanks gurs!
eagles flight//

Sjogrens, Arthritis, colonrectal cancer survivor, Diverticulosis, fibromyalgia, chronic sinus, chronic pain, kidney stones,  chronic allergies, digestive tract issues, norco, plaquenil, ativan, ambien, lyrica, claritan, neuron tin, celexa,predinisome,

Piebird

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 07:48:44 PM »
Thinking of you.

I am raising a 9 year old autistic grand daughter. Not sure what your son is like or the laws and insurance there, I am Canadian. Is it possible for you to get in home support for him? or a day program for him? or maybe place him in foster care? or a group home? while you are dealing with the cancer?

<3 <3 <3

My advice is to not feel guilty about putting yourself first in the short term so that you can be there for him in the long term.

angeldancer

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 09:41:40 PM »
Piebird I am going to look into a day program for him.  The access bus can pick him up for 3 bucks each way and get him there.  Its a process.
eagles flight//

Nat

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 05:40:42 PM »
Hi angeldancer~

I saw that lighthouse33 recommended you check out the cancerforums.net website. I just wanted to let you know I made some posts awhile back that showed why patients with autoimmune disease are at an increased risk for developing cancer. I think the posts were very well received.

If you go on the forum, my thread is under "Cancer News" and is entitled "Breast Cancer and Autoimmune Disease." The information on the thread does apply to all cancers, not just breast cancer. I hope you find the information helpful.

angeldancer

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 07:36:03 PM »
Thank you Nat.
eagles flight//

SjoGirl

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2013, 08:02:47 AM »
Angeldancer, you and some others may find a book I just started reading of interest and maybe some comfort. It's called Falling Upward and provides a perspective on dealing with failure, loss, and "falling." The author, who I believe is a priest, suggests that falling proceeds rising. I'm finding his perspective helpful as I consider much loss that I've dealt with over the last several years.

Warning that the book does take a Christian perspective, though I don't find it preachy and the advice could well be found in any book without the Bible references.

Prayers continue to be with you Angeldancer.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2013, 09:46:12 PM »
I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis and the battle that is to come. My prayer is for healing for you and for the strength to del with family, etc. as things arise. It is amazing what the human body and spirit can endure with prayers and support of others. Irish

angeldancer

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 10:31:54 AM »
Thanks Irish and Sjogirl.  I will try to get that book.  There is not much money anymore.  Living below the poverty line now but grateful to have something to buy food with.  I have fallen down but I have not given up.  I will give everyone a big smile and a grateful thanks for the prayers.  :-*  :)
eagles flight//

SjoGirl

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 09:27:32 AM »
Oh Angeldancer, I am so sorry to hear about your situation. You continue to be in my prayers.

I don't know your age, but HomeInstead Senior Care does a great job in our area of providing in home assistance. Comfort Keepers is another.

God bless.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

angeldancer

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 10:26:51 AM »
 :)  :-* 
eagles flight//

eye2dry

• Sjogrens, RA, hypothyroid
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2013, 10:40:34 AM »
Angeldancer

I am very sorry to read about the fight you have ahead of you.

Your worries about your son on top of this is extra stressful for you.

Please take advantage of all help offered you in your area.

I will be thinking of you and praying for your win over this.

eye2dry
medications: synthroid- Cymbalta- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***