Author Topic: Wild Flower gardens  (Read 1940 times)

wisconsin41

Wild Flower gardens
« on: October 26, 2013, 10:41:08 AM »
Hi,
    I braved the cloudy, windy 45F day to plant my first wildflower garden.  I have 2 large ones to spread the seeds on yet.  Waiting for spring now... O wait that's 5-6 months away ::)
Eyes:Restasis,Alrex; Plaquenil,Evoxac(sort of), Nexium, Zolpidem, Naproxen

Deb

Re: Wild Flower gardens
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 07:32:08 PM »
-------------------NICE--------------------------------

I love all gardens that will attract butterflies, bumblebees and all the little critters that need our help!!!

I planted a whole bumble bee, butterfly garden this year and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!  Lots of "weeds" went in!!!  Wild flowers too!!!

I hope it blooms in glorious colour next spring....sigh...6 mths at least....

Meld256

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 08:56:29 PM »
Hi Wisconsin,

I love planting something and the anticipation of what it will turn out to be! Sometimes the wait seems long.

I also planted a few things that attract butterflies and bees this year and it was really enjoyable, and the prettiest part of our yard.
Good luck with all the wildflowers and your plans to beautify.

And Welcome to our group-I don't think I've properly welcomed you :)
Melinda

wisconsin41

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 03:53:42 AM »
Hi Deb & Melinda,
   I have always liked the look of wildflower gardens but never put the time in to prepare one. This year I finally sprayed a 2000sqft. section of our lawn and what use  to be our garden(all clay anyway). I bought a seed spreader and acquired seed from VermontWildflowers.  Doing my best to keep the weeds out the first year anyway.

Andy
Eyes:Restasis,Alrex; Plaquenil,Evoxac(sort of), Nexium, Zolpidem, Naproxen

slccom

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 08:31:31 AM »
I planted one of those once. It looked remarkably like a weed garden! I did get a great maroon columbine out of it, though.

I hope yours does better.

Sharon