Author Topic: our family pet  (Read 5983 times)

slccom

Re: our family pet
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2013, 09:35:08 PM »
I'm so sorry. I'm sure she would heartily approve of the tree.

But you won't need that to remember her!
Hugs, Sharon

Tivia

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2013, 08:26:27 AM »
Today we put our black lab to sleep.  She is at peace now.  I know we did the right thing but it didn't make it any easier for our family.  It felt like re-living through the movie "Marley and Me" all over again. We brought her home and buried her.  I am going to plant a tree to remember her.

Winnie

I am so sad for you, but you did the right thing. I am torn at the moment my self. My elderly dog is 16 she has been blind for a few years since a very fast and aggressive uveitis attack. Over the last year her arthritis has gotten worse, and the doctor palpitated some large masses may or may not be breast cancer even though she was spayed at 6 months.

I know I should put her to sleep, but I cant bring my self to do it, not while she is eating and drinking and still moseying along. She sleeps a lot but she is really old. I guess I will have to make a choice soon, I just always hoped my babies would go peacefully in their sleep. My last pet died of mast cell cancer, she is buried under her tree, I still cry about her and its been 3 years. Its so hard to accept they dont live as long as us. Although my aunt tells me the dog will probably outlive me lol

Carebear

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2013, 02:09:36 PM »
Winnie,

I am so sorry for your loss.  How lovely to plant a tree in her memory.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

frizzy0206

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2013, 07:44:48 PM »
Took me 5 Years to get over losing my YOKO..She was only 5 and her disc slipped in her spine..it was quick and to be truthful I was hysterical.I decided to bury her beneath a garden her and I had planted together that month.Two days later my family gave me Lotte and I was not ready..we had a tough time of it for a little while.She is 6 now and is my shadow 24/7...I admit I will always miss YOKO even though I have had many dogs..They say you have one soul dog..She was mine..so sorry for your loss.

Velcro

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2013, 09:48:03 AM »
So sorry for your loss.

Winnie

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2013, 03:31:24 PM »
Thanks for your kind words.  It is so different not having to rush home to put the dog out.  I see the empty doghouse and it is so sad.  Time will heal.

Winnie
Sicca Syndrome-Aug 11', osteopenia, IBS-C, gastritis, GERD
Plaquenil, Dexilant, Vit D, Calcium, gluten free, dairy, egg & nut intolerances

eye2dry

• Sjogrens, RA, hypothyroid
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2013, 04:51:10 PM »
Winnie I am so sorry to read about you having to put your lab down.

Not to sound trite....you will "get over" this a little bit  at a time, day by day.

We put our little guy "Alvin" down Jan 12, 2007 and I still think of him and speak his name

at least 1 or 2 times a week. He was nearly 16...nice ripe age but never the less I was

distraught over it. When I think of him...it is not sad. It is usually something we remember

that he did that was cute, smart or funny.

We too buried him out back and I look at his stone with his name on it and I smile.

I take my "new" little dog Rodney with me and visit.

You'll smile when you think of him someday, the sadness will with ease in time.

take care.

eye2dry
medications: synthroid- Cymbalta- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***