Author Topic: ****Tomato Talk***  (Read 5413 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Re: ****Tomato Talk***
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 02:53:18 AM »
I am going to experiment with some little containers in my window facing the sun to grow some leaf lettuce, and maybe a few other things I can use at the time or freeze during the winter. I just have to try it.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

4Kids

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 06:49:15 AM »
Susanep I am going to do the same things. Make sure you get a hybrid variety that self-pollinates unless you have bees in your house in winter  ::)  Me not so much. You can get some good non-treated hybrids from several different places. My south window is large and with the covered greenhouse and a supplemental light I might be able to pull it off.  For sure you can do celery from a celery heart bottom (the part you throw away), green onions (just plant some, they are slow but you can use the clipped green parts), and herbs.  Especially nice in winter I think.
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

4Kids

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 07:08:34 AM »
I picked an entire wheelbarrow full of tomatoes yesterday. Not ripe yet but we are getting close to frost weather. They will ripen and I will can or give away or whatnot.

A WHOLE WHEELBARROW!

And I am not done, I just wandered through to pick SOME of the big ones!!!!

Happy now...  overwhelmed and grumpy later!
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

eye2dry

• Sjogrens, RA, hypothyroid
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 08:25:07 AM »

my tomato update.

I have been eating Kumatos and cherry tomatoes for a few weeks now.

Kumatos are so delicious.

My Black Kimms got off to a very rocky start and are late.

However, they are baseball sized now and going from green to yellow.

I will be saving my tomato seeds for sure...........

eye2dry
medications: synthroid- Cymbalta- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***

star723

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 07:15:10 PM »
I just put up 14 quarts of tomato juice this weekend.   I think I will try a black bean/corn salsa recipe I seen with the rest of the tomatoes I have.  Funny thing is I dont like them to eat, but I love growing them.  We will enjoy the juice in chili this winter~  I do like salsa~ weird I know.

4Kids

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 07:40:02 AM »
Mine are still green.  It is threatening frost here at night now, so I picked a lot so far and am waiting for them to ripen indoors.   That is how we have to do it here up North. Some ripen, not many.  Right now I have just enough to eat basically but you never know when the day will come that poof that will be ready.

I am trying to keep track of seeds better this time around. I keep forgetting masking tape comes off jars!  That's what happened last time.

I have to look up kumatos...  sounds good!