Author Topic: Holy Cow, it is hot!  (Read 4379 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Holy Cow, it is hot!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 08:51:19 PM »
Oh my gosh, the weather has changed overnight. It was cooler this morning and by evening it was almost a little chilly. Hubby said the weather report was for 45-50 degrees overnight. It does feel and look like fall. School starts in MN tomorrow. Always good to get back on schedule with the kids. The hot weather is hard on the kids also and really hard when they can't play outside safely due to the heat. IRish

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 01:07:59 PM »
Oh my gosh,. I take it all back. It has been so darn hot again. Today is really miserable and high humidity. Hardly a breeze. It is September, for crying out loud.

Also, just read in the paper last night that MN is now having an increase in drought issues again. Worse up north of the cities, but the ground is v ery dry here and starting to urn from the heat. I have so many tomatoes and pick some every 3 days or so. Not enough to mess with for canning, but I need to try and freeze some as they are very thicvk meaty fruit.

Hope October is better. Irish

Katybarstool

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 01:32:10 PM »
Irish

It's only been in the 50's here in northern England today, and my Raynauds is flaring already. I dread the winter.

I hope it cools down a little for you - but I would love some of your heat, if I'm being honest.

Kathyx 

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 01:51:01 PM »
It all sounds like  normal summer in North Carolina to me.

I stay indoors most of the time.

Or in the pool if outside.

Hot hot hot.

Elaine
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) C-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om. 3-Naltrexone-Esomep.

Pisces24

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 05:29:10 PM »
We got "teased" this morning in Eastern Iowa. We had a few drops of rain but it didn't last and it was enough by a long shot. Starting the summer we had too much rain and they were planting in mud, now we are short at least 7 inches and worrying about the crop yields. Grass is brown alllll over but temps are at least in the "low" 90s now.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 08:54:31 PM »
The ground is cracking.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2013, 11:27:28 PM »
We had the very hot, but worse was the high humidity. I was miserable with that. Then we got the cool off. It felt so nice while it lasted. Today it was warmer, but not the extreme humidity. Looking more forward to fall.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Lovetravel

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 05:39:38 AM »
Well I'm not really sure where to introduce myself, but ths seemed as good as any.  I'm new to the site and live 'down under' in the land of OZ - Australia.

It is suppose to be Spring but the last 2 days have been HOT.  I hate the heat, having Lupus for 12 years and having to cover my skin in clothing in 30-35C heat with high humidity is not fun.  I have very fair skin too.

Not looking forward to summer, my joints seem to get worse in summer....

finallyadx

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 05:51:28 AM »
I live in the NE - southern NH - in the 90s yesterday, gonna get to the 80s again today.  Was cool like fall last week, now change in weather - has allergies/asthma and symptoms of a wide variety reappearing...our bodies do not know what to do with this fast change!!!
Enjoy the day and stay safe and cool.
Primary ss dx 2013, plaquenil, vitamin d, iron supplements, vitamin b12, d-mannose for chronic UTI's, magnesium for heart palpatations and Zinc

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 09:33:40 PM »
This was a day of wonder. It was around 72 and a little breeze. Had the windows all open and just enjoyed this wonderful dry, cool air. It is to get in the 40's tonight. What a change. Hopefully we will get some rain soon as it is so dry again. Can't complain wherever we live as someone always has it worse this summer.