Author Topic: Does anyone watch the Tour de France  (Read 1073 times)

aussie mum

Does anyone watch the Tour de France
« on: July 19, 2013, 12:23:20 PM »
I love sport, especially this time of year as I love watching the Tour.

Due to the time difference here in Oz, all the action happens overnight. We have live coverage on TV but we have also have a 1/2 hr highlight show at 6pm. For the past 25yrs, I've been glued to the TV for my Tour fix. It's the scenery, the amazing mountain climbs, the crazy fans, the skill of the riders.   

Performance enhancing drugs has left a terrible mark on cycling but I still watch with the hope that the current generation of riders are clean.

While we often struggle day to day, I am constantly amazed at what these athletes bodies can do. I hope to travel to watch the tour one day. I'm keen to drive over those massive mountain passes.
Daughter - SJS, Lupus, Underactive Thyroid, Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome & Insulin Resistance.

Me - Ankylosing Spondylitis, Total Thyroidectomy, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, High Blood Pressure, Hiatus Hernia, Dry Eyes & Mouth, Stomach Issues, Enbrel, Thyroxine, Atacand, Pariet, Krill Oil, Vit D

jpd54

Re: Does anyone watch the Tour de France
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 01:14:18 PM »
  I love Le Tour!!!  My husband and I watch the rerun every night.  We are up at dawn to watch on Saturdays and Sundays.

Yesterday's stage was unbelievable.  I can't believe they had to go the the Alpe d'Huez twice.  Once is hard enough.

Can't wait to get home tonight and watch.  With all the crowds, how do they ever get up those mountains?  People running in front of them, waiving flags, chasing them!!!

Viva Le Tour!!

Jennifer
SJS, Fibro, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, GERD, Rosacea, TMJ

Celebrex, Gabapentin, Lasix, Potassium,Hydroxychloroquine, Lexapro, Lisinopril / Hydrochlorothiazide, Linzess, Metoclopram, Nexium, Oracea, Savella, Simvastatin, Vitamin D, Voltaren