Author Topic: CoQ10  (Read 1558 times)

ohiolady

CoQ10
« on: June 05, 2013, 03:34:01 PM »
Hey everyone I have a question about CoQenzyme10 and particulary the brand Qunol Ultra.  It is a pharmaceutical grade supplement.  It helps my fatigue considerably and helps me to get so much more accomplished during the day.  The catch is I have stomach discomfort.  I am wondering if anyone else has used this particular brand and if you noticed it helped fatigue and did you have any problems with your stomach.

Starting tomorrow, I am going to take with my biggest meal of the day, which is lunch.  I have been taking with a very small breakfast.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

jazzlover

Re: CoQ10
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 04:23:49 PM »
Is there anything else on the ingredient list? You might call the company and find out their source of the CoQ10.. rice, or corn or what??

I don't have any trouble with Swanson's brand.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

Jellyb

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 06:10:34 AM »
I used to take Co Q10, but not the brand you have asked about. It gave me terrible stomach pain/nausea. So I took it with my biggest meal and it helped. I also have had trouble with primrose oil and zinc on an empty stomach.

I personally did not see an improvement with the CoQ10 , but I am happy it is helping with your energy

anita

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 09:14:19 AM »
I don't use the Qunol brand, so can't speak to that.  I don't have any problems with mine.

But I will add that I don't get any improvement of energy, fatigue, etc.  I take it because statins can lower your natural level of CoQ10, so I use it to replenish that level.
52 yr old SjS, APS w/strokes, Autonomic Neuropathy, PN, Nephrogenic DI, (CVID) IgG def., Cushing's, Asthma, Gastroparesis.  Sero-neg w/+ lip biopsy.  Meds: IVIG & pre-meds, Arixtra, Aspirin, Plaquenil, Cardizem, Toprol XL, Domperidone, Nexium, Midodrine, Symbicort, Fentanyl, Percocet, Zofran

ohiolady

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 12:51:08 PM »
I think I will try another brand.  I know New Chapter makes a high quality supplement.  Thanks for your replies.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

anita

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 05:49:32 PM »
I have heard on the neuro forum lots of talk about CoQ10 (due to neuropathy from statin use) and they speak highly of Qunol due to it being more soluble then any other brand.   I also heard many comment about GI complaints. I wonder if it bothers you because more is absorbed...so affecting you more?  Not sure, but Qunol is "supposed" to be the better brand.  But you know how that goes with new brands coming out...lots of attention and talk.

You know how sensitive my stomach is (like yours) so I plan to stick with the lower absorption and not rock the boat.   I'm probably getting less, but at least it's some...LOL
52 yr old SjS, APS w/strokes, Autonomic Neuropathy, PN, Nephrogenic DI, (CVID) IgG def., Cushing's, Asthma, Gastroparesis.  Sero-neg w/+ lip biopsy.  Meds: IVIG & pre-meds, Arixtra, Aspirin, Plaquenil, Cardizem, Toprol XL, Domperidone, Nexium, Midodrine, Symbicort, Fentanyl, Percocet, Zofran