Author Topic: Awake all night with bone pain  (Read 4951 times)

Dee

Re: Awake all night with bone pain
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 12:33:00 AM »
Feel better

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 03:35:52 AM »
For anything to rub on pain areas, I love biofreeze.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Ripvanann

• "A DESIRE FULFILLED IS A TREE OF LIFE"
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 11:06:06 AM »
I'm so familiar with this pain and the endo surgeon described it to me exactly as you have described it! He says that (assuming you do indeed have hyperparathyroidism) it's the calcium being sucked from our bones. It's one of the more common complaints of his patients. It's also the most reported first symptom to disappear after surgery.

Again, we have other AI issues and we don't want to hang everything on surgery being a cure-all, but it will help!
Primary SjS, Steroid Induced Cushing's Syndrome, RA, Thyroiditis, Hyperparathyroidism, Raynaud's, Autonomic & Small Fiber NLeuropathy, Fibro. Osteoporosis, & other fun stuff associated w/ the afore mentioned. ~Meds: prednisone, Plaqu, Citracal D & Pain Meds, Compazine, phenergan, Iberogast.

SjoGirl

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »
Ripvanan, endo surgeon? Wonder whether the same pain might be caused by osteopenia? I was diagnosed a few weeks ago after complaining about hip pain.

I believe the osteopenia may be medication induced as I was on a proton pump inhibitor for about nine months (six months longer than I believe I should have been, terrible time weaning myself off of it with my PCps blessing, but not that of the gastroenterologist). Now I'm on Fosomax and praying it will help.

Tylenol helps sometimes, sometimes not.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Ripvanann

• "A DESIRE FULFILLED IS A TREE OF LIFE"
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 06:55:17 PM »
SjoGirl,

So sorry about you pain and the osteopenia. Yes, it was the endo surgeon who told me this because the hyper-PTH does suck the calcium out of your bones. You should actually take calcium supplements when you have hyper-PTH because it's being sucked out by the tumor secreting too much PTH, and then dumping it into your system (not your bones).

I have really bad osteoporosis in my spine (lost 2" off of my stature in less than a year and have not had a DEXA scan since then, that was over a year ago). DEXA showed osteopenia in hips, but limbs still looked good.

I have Steroid Induced Cushing's Syndrome, which basically is steroids on steroids, so that is what's really doing the majority of the damage to my bones (I also need all of my teeth pulled, but jaw looks good... it's bazaar). Anyway, I don't know if your meds did this, but definitely begin treatment ASAP. I can't take anything right now because of all of the dental work I need, but was on Forteo injections and did well with those.

Hope that helps. Again, sorry about the pain... I know it hurts bad. ~Andrea
Primary SjS, Steroid Induced Cushing's Syndrome, RA, Thyroiditis, Hyperparathyroidism, Raynaud's, Autonomic & Small Fiber NLeuropathy, Fibro. Osteoporosis, & other fun stuff associated w/ the afore mentioned. ~Meds: prednisone, Plaqu, Citracal D & Pain Meds, Compazine, phenergan, Iberogast.