Author Topic: Sad news Guys...We lost our dear friend "Lucy"  (Read 11031 times)

gurs

Sad news Guys...We lost our dear friend "Lucy"
« on: April 28, 2013, 10:39:25 AM »
My heart is so saddend and Im in shock. Seems our dear friend "Lucy" (eyeamdry) passed away from Pulmonary Fibrosis. She was my FB friend, as I started seeing the postings this morning. She is also a Michigander, and I referred her to our Rheumy, and met up with her once there around 5 years ago. I found out through her cousin today that she had PF..but I dont know any details etc.

I know we will feel her loss tremendously, as her great advice and friendship were invaluable to many of us. She had many health obstacles she fought and overcame, she was truly a warrior. My prayers to her family.

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Ark mom

Re: Sad news Guys...We lost our dear friend "Lucy"
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 10:46:13 AM »
Oh no!  What terrible news!  Thaank you for telling us.  My heart goes out to her family.  Rest in peace, dear Lucy.
41 yo with Sjogren's (sero-neg), FMS & sub-clinical Graves; Plaquenil, Evoxac, prednisone, Restasis, Cellcept, gabapentin, duloxetine

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »
Oh dear, furs

I'm sorry all of us have lost a friend, and especially for your loss.

Hugs

Elaine

OMG, the 'popsicle queen'.  I just realized.  such a loss.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:21:43 PM by Carolina »
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) C-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om. 3-Naltrexone-Esomep.

odie

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:00:11 AM »
What a terrible disease.  I hope her last days were peaceful and she didn't suffer much.  As a newcomer I looked forward to her wise posts and will miss them.  So sorry for her family and loved ones.

engy

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 11:04:47 AM »
Oh my. I will miss Lucy.  :'(
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 11:06:49 AM »
Thank you for letting everybody know. I know from her posts that she did not expect to have more than 5 years left but had no idea she was going to go so quickly. Sad news indeed.

Thoughts with her family and friends.

Scottie
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

lori

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 11:53:04 AM »
So sorry to hear this- am lifting up the family in prayer.

lori

finallyadx

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 12:02:06 PM »
So very sorry to hear about her passing...may she be at peace now.  Prayers and good thoughts going out to her family and dear friends.
Primary ss dx 2013, plaquenil, vitamin d, iron supplements, vitamin b12, d-mannose for chronic UTI's, magnesium for heart palpatations and Zinc

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 12:05:14 PM »
 Ahhh, what a great sadness. Lucy was always on the ball in anwering any queries.  So much she knew about all this crap.
                           May God Bless her soul and her family.  Farewell dear Lucy.    Dolly x

jazzlover

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 12:08:18 PM »
That is so tragic. She was very helpful here and a friend to everyone. Gurs, my heart goes out to you as you mourn this loss. May God Bless you both and may He grant her family peace and strength to get through this.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

Nancy60

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 12:31:49 PM »
So sorry to learn of this. Lucy was always so honest about her struggles with this disease, I think because she wanted to help make others aware. I know she helped me.  Prayers being said for her and her family and friends.

Thanks Gursie for letting us know.  Keeping you in my prayers.

Nancy

Reanne

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 12:51:55 PM »
condolences :(

CMNK12

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 01:00:22 PM »
I am in shock right now, she just made the discovery and started her treatment. She was just posting her day to day progress. I'm sorry guys, I just am really surprised.
  My heart goes out to her family, her husband. I will miss her so much. I am grateful to have gotten to know her on this board. She will be missed. CK

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 01:01:10 PM »
Oh my goodness, I have been wondering where she has been. She and I PM a lot and I had been wondering if the Imuran she started on had been making her sick. She hasn't been diagnosed with PF for very long but it was bad for her these past 5 months or so. She had such a crazy sense of humor that kept us all on our toes. Years ago I had lived in Michigan about 40 miles from where she lived and she would also keep me up to date on the Michigan weather. I will miss her so, so much. My sympathy to her husband and daughter. What a shock. Irish                               
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:06:17 PM by irish »

Katybarstool

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 01:42:44 PM »
I'm so shocked to read that our 'popsicle queen' has passed, but relieved she is no longer so unwell.

God bless Lucy and her hubby, daugher and grandpup.

She will be sorely missed.

Kathyx