Author Topic: Awful heartburn  (Read 2923 times)

artsyamerican

Re: Awful heartburn
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 07:22:14 PM »
I agree....I'd be lost without Nexium.  I'm also aware of what triggers attacks....for me it's mostly gluten type products...crackers, goldfish, pretzels....etc...so I have learned to resist! It's not worth it.

sewandsew

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 07:26:42 PM »
I had terrible heartburn before my last month's added AI--fibromyalgia.  Sometimes it would wake me during the night long after any meal.  I thought it was a heart attack.  Right away I started on Prilosec first thing in the morning and haven't had any problems.  However, the new meds for fibromyalgia might be working too.

Momedic

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 08:03:02 PM »
They most certainly can, Isabelle.  Any drug that can cause stomach upset or irritation can deff cause GERD symptoms to be more present. 
But I do agree with the other member that women do present with cardiac issues much differently than men. Their pain tolerance is typically much higher (which is why we were elected to be the ones to give birth) therefore, we tend to overlook the signs and symptoms of cardiac issues until it is nearly too late.  If your symptoms do not improve, please do not let it go for too long. Better safe than sorry.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 08:33:16 PM »
A lot of the teas that are out there now and are so good can really do a job on our reflux. We have to stay so vigilant with our diet. I generally get along fairly well but had a spell a while back and finally nailed down a food that I had been eating more of. Sometimes it is the most innocent thing that can set a person off.

Also, when we have these GI attacks that we always assume are reflux we need to be aware of the fact that we are good candidates for gallbladder issues (obstructions/infections) and also pancreatic issues. The secreting glands issues can show up in many other ways beside the sweat glands, salivary and gastric juices. Also, as others said, as women we always have to be aware that we could be experiencing one of those cardiac events that are hard to differentiate in women. Hope that you keep on the road to recovery. IRish

dryeye09

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 06:45:43 AM »
I recently started taking digestive enzymes, which seems to help.  Since saliva produces some of our digestive enyzmes, it makes sense to me that we might need a supplement.
Dx:  Primary SjS,
Rx:  Evoxac, Lacrisert, Ilevro, erythromycin, IPL for dry eye, Avenova, warm compresses with eyelid massage