Author Topic: Memorial Day! Sjoggie Plans for a great holiday anyone?  (Read 1116 times)

bloodless

Memorial Day! Sjoggie Plans for a great holiday anyone?
« on: April 04, 2013, 12:39:07 PM »
I'm in Texas, so it's HOT by then. Years ago I'd go to the guadalupe river camp out and spend the day rafting down it. A lot of my family still goes, but my body doesn't allow me to have fun like that anymore. Bozobody (I refer to my body as another person) is contrary. She likes to ruin all my fun. Although I enjoy it, I want to do more than just grill hamburgers and hot dogs in the backyard. The group's Easter ideas were great. I thought I'd get a jump on it and hit you up for ideas before the holiday. Any rad fab farout and funky ideas?
I miss the good old days. Things were more like they used to be back then.

Sjogrens, Lupus, Fibro, GERD

jpd54

Re: Memorial Day! Sjoggie Plans for a great holiday anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 01:09:15 PM »
Our daughter is graduating from Vermont Law School on May 18th.  We will be spending three days in Vermont.  Then my only niece is getting married on the beach in Destin, FL on May 26th.  We will be doing a lot of traveling from Arkansas during the month of May.   I may not be able to move for a couple of weeks after that though.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend and be safe!!

jpd
SJS, Fibro, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, GERD, Rosacea, TMJ

Celebrex, Gabapentin, Lasix, Potassium,Hydroxychloroquine, Lexapro, Lisinopril / Hydrochlorothiazide, Linzess, Metoclopram, Nexium, Oracea, Savella, Simvastatin, Vitamin D, Voltaren

bloodless

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 10:00:18 AM »
Destin, FL! I'm jealous! Have a wonderful time! :D
I miss the good old days. Things were more like they used to be back then.

Sjogrens, Lupus, Fibro, GERD

eyeamdry

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 10:16:12 PM »
In Michigan Memorial Day is usually very cold and raining. Always feel sorry for the families out camping.  I remember one year when our kids were young and we had a barrel fire going to stay warm.  We were all wearing winter coats.

Almost all of our M-Days are like that even though we've had nice weather prior,  Last year we had temps in March in the 80's and it's now mid-April and chilly rain all week.  I think there might be snow forecase for one of the next two nights. 

My sister will be coming back from Fla as as soon as the weather changes and I told her not to hurry.