Author Topic: You know you're a Sjoggie if....  (Read 13646 times)

dainbramage

Re: You know you're a Sjoggie if....
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013, 02:06:15 PM »
You drink a gallon of water and your mouth is still dry and you need to drink more, but you don't want to get up 20 times at night to use the bathroom....

dainbramage

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013, 02:12:39 PM »
If you're telling a story and you stop in the middle because you can't remember what you were saying.

If you work just so you can pay for co-pays for your drugs.

When your hairdresser says you need more moisture in your hair, that's why you are frizzy.

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013, 08:59:03 PM »
I just read these. They are great, and I am laughing, and nodding my head up and down, because they are so true.

ok-my turn. lol

You know you are a sjoggie if you call your husband out in the night on the front porch to look at that strange object in the sky, but your husband doesn't see it, because it is your dry eyes causing double vision and halos. (True Story)

You know your a sjoggie when you get new lineless bifocals, and refuse to get them again, swearing up and down they now cause you to see double head lights and street lights, when you finally find out it's the dry eyes causing all the distortions. (also true story)

susanep :) :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

MaryBee7

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2013, 02:32:45 AM »
...... when you back the car out of the garage ..... get out to close the garage door....and forget where you put the car.   ;D

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2013, 10:18:36 AM »
If you stand at your frig-filtered-water dispenser filling your humidifier bottles and your Camelbak water bottles EVERY single day.

If people think your an outdoorsmen because your camelbak is always clipped to the outside of your purse.

If you take offense when the dignified Art Museum person ask you not to take your water bottle into the exhibit and then when you slip a piece of gum in your mouth they inform you NO gum please and then suddenly in a Sjoggie panic your mouth turns into the Sierra desert.

If you use your restaurant water to refill your water bottle.

If you have ever sneaked your water bottle in your purse inside the movies or a baseball game. - I know I could buy their water, but it's on sjoggie principle that I resent this anyway.

If you plaster your gum to roof of your mouth during church so you don't appear to be an obnoxious gum chewer during church.

If you have 4 Camelbaks - one in the kitchen, one in the living room, one in the bedroom and one at the back door ready to-go. (Not plugging Camalbaks, but they take a lickin and keep on tickin - flip and suck and I get my quick fix and away I go)

Thank you - that felt good.
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

Bobbie

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2013, 02:37:41 PM »
True story .....  this morning ......  Very cold outside so I remote start the car. 
Walk back to the bedroom to get something, come back into the kitchen and hear
a car in the garage.  I wonder, who could that be????  So I look ........

Oh, it is me.  I forgot I started the car ...... thought of you all .......  my goodness.

Bobbie
Graves,Addison's,Sjogren's,Migraines,Restless Leg,Erosive Inflammatory Osteoarthritis,Peripheral Neuropathy,Osteoarthritis,RA, episcleritis
 Plaquenil, Prednisone, Florinef, Synthroid, Restasis, Evoxac,Zofran,Lexapro,Gabapentin,Maxalt,Naproxen,Divaloprex,Omerpazole,Methotrexate,Remicade

Deegee

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2013, 08:43:46 AM »
When planning a vacation:
~You pack one less shirt so you can pack an empty water bottle.
~You pack one less outfit so you can pack, several types of eye drops, nasal spray, saline mist, mouth gels and rinses, eye lid cleansers, polar scarf and on and on.
~You hold on to your water bottle until the very last minute when at security check points, and then panic about how long it will be until you find a water vendor near your gate.
~The first place you stop at after picking up the rental car is a store to buy a case of water for the car, and case of water for the hotel room.
~The first question you ask your waiter, everytime you eat out is, is it very spicey or overly seasoned?
~Nighttime entertainment consists of going to the Movies, because that is just about all the energy you have left.
~The best purchase of the trip is a light nylon sling to wear, like a purse, to hold water bottles, so you can use your hands to take pictures, shop, ride bikes etc.
~And, being greatful for having been able to get away, and  for a husband who doesn't mind attending to all the crazy little things you have to do because of SJS.

Pisces24

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2013, 07:25:16 AM »
With me, anything I have something with bread (like a sub or roll), I have to take a bite of it and then put a sip of water in my mouth and then chew it.

Gosh I hate driving at night too because the car lights are sooo blinding to me. I drive a lot slower and look at the curbs if I can. Nothing I've tried has helped this issue either.

THE BRIT

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2013, 12:44:51 PM »
  When you can't figure out why your indicator light won't switch and you finally realise that you are using the windscreen wiper stick :)

NJteacher

• Purpose gives life meaning.
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2013, 11:12:24 PM »
You have to explain when something really sad's going on, that you are crying "emotionally" and "internally"

The dental hygienist doesn't have to suction you!

People can tell what you had for lunch because it's stuck on your teeth!
😎F 64 years   SJS, Lupus, Raynauds, eczema, Hashimotos thyroid. Tear duct plugs, Gluten free, plaquenil, synthroid, cytomel, restasis,  Biotene products, Systane ultra eye drops, tamoxifen. Breast cancer 5/13, surgery, chemo, radiation, survivor!

LisaMarie

• Records show Sjogren's
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2013, 05:02:42 AM »
You get to work and contemplate going home because you realize you are out of eye drops!  How will I ever get through this day of computer work?????????
Plaquenil (generic), vitamin D, Amitriptyline, Citalopram

aussie mum

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2013, 02:20:59 PM »
Your first priority when buying a new handbag is that it is big enough for your drink bottle to fit in it.

+1 about the panic at airports these days, throwing out a perfectly good bottle of water is SO annoying. When flying home from Vietnam last year,  I had to empty my water bottle 3 times after passing through the customs gate. Usually it's ok to buy water once you've gone through customs.
Daughter - SJS, Lupus, Underactive Thyroid, Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome & Insulin Resistance.

Me - Ankylosing Spondylitis, Total Thyroidectomy, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, High Blood Pressure, Hiatus Hernia, Dry Eyes & Mouth, Stomach Issues, Enbrel, Thyroxine, Atacand, Pariet, Krill Oil, Vit D

Deegee

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2013, 03:58:27 PM »
Oh my gosh.  There really are people that can understand what day to day issues are like for me.  I can truly. Relate to soooo many of these posts.  I thought I was the only one with water bottle, food in teeth, eye drop needing, forgetfulness, water with every bite,   and tearless crying concerns, just to mention a few.  Thanks for taking the time yo share.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2013, 04:37:06 PM »
You are in the hospital and press the button for the nurse because of your level 9 pain. She tells you that if you had level 9 pain you would be crying. When you respond that you can not cry because of Sjogren's you get a look of pure puzzlement from her. (She had no idea of what I said).
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

SjoDry

• "When you are battling with a gorilla, you don't g
    • Sjodry and Parched
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2013, 04:27:29 AM »
Oh Joe...Bless Your Heart.
It's not enough to have severe pain..you must prove it with tears :P
Sjodry
http://sjodry.wordpress.com/

Female 55 y/o; SJS Primary; CVID; Autonomic Neuropathy: Chronic Digestive/G.I. issues; Leukopenia;Tachycardia; Bronchiectasis; High Blood Pres; R.A.;Chronic Pain; Sub~Q IVIG infusions~Hizentra; Plaquenil; Restasis; Gapapentin; Breathing/nebulizer meds; Pain meds;