Author Topic: You know you're a Sjoggie if....  (Read 13589 times)

eyeamdry

Re: You know you're a Sjoggie if....
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 03:21:47 PM »
When you can't open your mouth because your lips are sealed shut from lack of Saliva.

Diane54

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 04:34:55 PM »
.....When you realize how important "spit" used to be!
Sjogren's diagnosed Dec 20, 2010, Hypothyroid, Diabetes 2, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Mitral Valve  Prolapse, Gerds, Antiphospholipid Syndrome,  Synthroid, Paxil, Prilosec, Evoxac, Plaquenil, Tramadol, Simvistatin, Restasis, Baby Asprin, vitamin D, Januvia, Amlodipine, Gabapentine

SjoDry

• "When you are battling with a gorilla, you don't g
    • Sjodry and Parched
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 05:01:07 PM »
LOVE THESE...Keep em coming...

You know your're a Sjoggie when: Your stylist just completed a Paraffin Wax Treatment on your hands...but after looking at your hands a few moments later...thought she had forgotten your treatment.
Sjodry
http://sjodry.wordpress.com/

Female 55 y/o; SJS Primary; CVID; Autonomic Neuropathy: Chronic Digestive/G.I. issues; Leukopenia;Tachycardia; Bronchiectasis; High Blood Pres; R.A.;Chronic Pain; Sub~Q IVIG infusions~Hizentra; Plaquenil; Restasis; Gapapentin; Breathing/nebulizer meds; Pain meds;

Sadie963

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 06:31:58 PM »
I had just finished adding a few drops to my dry eyes before a dental procedure and just then the dental hygienist entered into the room.

She yelled "oh no, you're not going to cry are you because then I'll have to start crying. I won't be able to stop."  She started tearing up in the doorway still looking at me. I jumped out of the chair waving my refresh tears bottle in front of me saying "noooo, I have dry eyes, I'm ok, see..no tears..see ..I just have dry eyes...here are my eye drops." 

I then gave her a tissue and she was able to dab her tears away.

true story

Sadie963

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 07:42:30 PM »
....when you see the smiling doggy with dentures commercial on tv and you feel a small wave of jealousy because their teeth look so much better than your own.

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 07:21:52 PM »
......when you live in the desert and have paranoid thoughts of the main water source drying up! 
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

Ark mom

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 08:33:40 PM »
.....when one of your children has an itchy eye or chapped lips or pain here or there and you have a "oh my god, it's Sjogren's!" panic attack. 

Breathe, just breathe....
41 yo with Sjogren's (sero-neg), FMS & sub-clinical Graves; Plaquenil, Evoxac, prednisone, Restasis, Cellcept, gabapentin, duloxetine

Piebird

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 01:18:47 AM »
You know you're a soggie if they know you by name at the walk in clinic and pharmacy.

You know you're a soggie if you never have to worry about drooling in your sleep in front of your partner.

Lesley_x

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 02:55:08 AM »
On a serious note:
You go grocery shopping and put all the refrigerated foods in one or two bags...the important part, then tie those bags...so they show 'bunny ears' .. so you can find them without the hunt. Those go in the home with you....the rest can stay in the car until someone (not yourself) brings the rest in or gets hungry.

That is a genius idea!!!  ;D

Piebird

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 03:39:07 PM »
You know your a Soggie if it takes you 3 days to do a load of laundry.

This applies to dishes and vacuuming too.

I hate that these jobs never end. By the time the dish washer is fully empty there is already a new load sitting on the counter.

angels04

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 05:40:28 PM »
when you wake up in the morning and think-"I cant wait to go to bed!!"  :-\

wally

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 05:51:31 PM »
You wake up and your eyes are stuck together.

LisaMarie

• Records show Sjogren's
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 04:42:32 AM »
... when everyone looks at you as if you are going to steal their silverware because you keep talking about missing spoons.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:50:27 AM by LisaMarie »
Plaquenil (generic), vitamin D, Amitriptyline, Citalopram

MaryBee7

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 07:04:46 AM »
....when you see the smiling doggy with dentures commercial on tv and you feel a small wave of jealousy because their teeth look so much better than your own.

HAHA HA  Sadie!   ;D

loulou

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 12:14:25 PM »
Hi all

Loving these

you know your a sjoggies when no one can spell or say what you - even other health workers.

...... the person you tell you have sjogrens has the same blank look that you have when you misplace something...

x loulou
primary sjogrens, primary biliary cholangitis, auto-immune hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis gerd.hiatus Hernia, cold feet, no tears, lacrilube, celluvisc, thyroxine, ursofalk, gabapentin, omerprazole.