Author Topic: Rituxan Infusions  (Read 1699 times)

shay0425

Rituxan Infusions
« on: March 27, 2013, 08:51:44 AM »
I have both RA and Sjogrens.  I was previously on Humira for almost a year and it didn't work for me.  My doctor is part of a study program for Rituxan in the generic form.  If I qualify, all my doctor visits, lab and xrays will be covered along with the Rituxan infusion.  I would go for the infusion which could take 4-6 hours, then go back two weeks later and after that would not have to have it for another 6 months.  This sounds really great to me as I have come to dread taking my Humira (pen) because it hurts so bad.

Just looking to see if anyone has been on this and if it worked, side effects, etc.

quietdynamics

Re: Rituxan Infusions
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 10:45:25 AM »
Hello shay0425

Just wanted to wish you good luck with qualifying for the study.

My best to you.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

shay0425

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 10:47:23 AM »
Thank you!  I am hoping to hear something within the next week or so. 

Styx

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 11:32:53 AM »
I haven't had it for RA, but I had it for vasculitis.

It was simple sweet for me. No side effects at all. It did improve my mouth dryness somewhat. No change in eye dryness.

The results in RA are very good from the studies I've read. I hope it is beneficial for you.

Styx

gurs

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 04:33:48 AM »
Ive had about 6 of them over the last 5 years. Ive had different reactions with each of them. It didnt seem to help with my dryness at all, but I think it did help with my CNS issues, and keeping things calms for 6 months.

The only thing I can stress is to request your infusion time be doubled and have them run it slow. You will get extremely sick when they
speed it up. If it takes 4 hours, plan on 8 hours. YOur doc should write this on the order. Believe me, this will minimize any side effects.
Make sure you have the prep, the benedryl, tylenol, and medrol before as well, and stay hydrated. I also have my doc run saline infusion during the entire time of the infusion..this really helps!

good luck to you!

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

shay0425

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 05:52:21 AM »
Thanks for your help everyone!  Gurs, I will definitely ask to have it slowed and request the prep meds, if I am approved for the study.  I'm so glad I posted this as I would not have known to do this.  I will admit that it does make me a little nervous but am hoping for good results.