Author Topic: Yes Virginia there IS a nice rheumy!  (Read 893 times)

MaryBee7

Yes Virginia there IS a nice rheumy!
« on: January 17, 2013, 04:42:47 PM »
Excited to share with you all that I met a great rheumy today.  Was Salt of the Earth kind of man, had such a decent visit.  He even ordered a urine sample, which I hadn't had asked of me from a rheumy before.  When I showed him the results of EMG test I nearly fell down dead when he said "But these tests don't show small fiber neuropathies that Sjogren's is often responsible for."   Yee haw!   :D

mshistory

Re: Yes Virginia there IS a nice rheumy!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 06:48:19 PM »
I'm so glad you found a keeper! I love my rheumy too - so sweet and compassionate and very knowledgable. If we move from this city, I will drive back to keep seeing him!
SLE and SjS with PN. ANA >1:1280 speckled,
SS-A >8.0, RF positive. Botox for migraines, Clonazepam, Zoloft, Imitrex for migraines, CellCept 1000 mg, Plaquenil 200 mg, Restasis, Zofran for nausea, Gabapentin, Evoxac and Norco for pain.

Styx

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 06:59:28 PM »
"But these tests don't show small fiber neuropathies that Sjogren's is often responsible for." 

Keeper is right! I hope he doesn't change ;-)

Styx

gurs

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 05:52:39 AM »
I know we get comfortable with our doctors, and like them, but some of them may not be helpful for us.

It pays to keep going to find one that might be able to help.

Sounds like this guy is great.......whenever I go to any doctors, I have a written list of what I need done..testing etc..alot of times
they wont bother, but you never know what is going to show with us.

good luck

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements