Author Topic: 2 things I now know ...  (Read 1920 times)

harrigan

2 things I now know ...
« on: December 26, 2012, 02:18:33 PM »
1.  Wear specs when setting the time on a new watch.  I suppose it didn't matter too much that it was an hour ahead last night.  It did matter though when I was downstairs and ready to go to Marks and Spencer's sale at 4.30am and not 5.30! 

2.  Check the opening times before leaving for said sale.  Getting there at 6 for an 8am opening was too keen, too cold and too much!!  I came home and seriously debated getting back into bed, but had some gift vouchers and fancied treating myself before the next dose of rituximab in the morning.

Several hours later, here I am back home with some bargains and planning to get in bed again for an afternoon nap! 

Hope anyone else bargain hunting today had more success than I had!! xx Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

harlin

Re: 2 things I now know ...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 10:12:19 AM »
Hi Harrigan
Not bargain hunting but going to see the granddaughters this afternoon.

Glad you found some good bargains. I will probably go out tomorrow for awhile. Returns and such. Probable will find some bargains too, I hope.

Have a great day!
Blessings, harlin

Katybarstool

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »
Ailsa, what are you like:)

Glad you got some bagains though. You are much braver than I am. The sales terrify me. In fact, I haven't been shopping since Christmas eve, but will have to do some food shopping tomorrow.

Did you catch up on the lost sleep?

Kathyx

harrigan

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:23:19 PM »
Hi Kathy - yes, caught up on sleep and actuallt sleeping for England at the moment!!  Hope you are doing well, I was thinking of you all the other day when I was watching a tribute programme to injured soldiers.  Hope Ben and family are ok xx

Hope you had a good time with the granddaughters Harlin and got to the sales at a less frantic time than I did!  xx Ailsa

Female, 54
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Katybarstool

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 11:59:07 PM »
Morning Ailsa

Glad you caught up on your sleep. But do you find the steroid injection affects your sleep? I did.

We were out with Ben and the family on 22 December, when we were celebrating his 21 birthday. He has had more recent surgery on one of his stumps, but physically seems okay. Psychologically, he's not too good though. He's back down to Surrey for his on-going rehabilitation this week. Hopefully, he will get the help he needs there.

Kathyx

harrigan

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 07:25:52 AM »
Really hope so Kathy. It must take incredible bravery and strength to keep facing the future.  Thinking of you all  xx Ailsa
Female, 54