Author Topic: Prescription Tooth Gel....?  (Read 1906 times)

MaryBee7

Prescription Tooth Gel....?
« on: January 07, 2013, 05:44:32 PM »
So it's the first month of the new year.  And I have my first Sjogren's cavity of the new year.  And WILL have a Sjogren's crowned tooth, probably by the end of the first month of the new year.   :o      This is the first time I was urged to use prescription tooth gel, and not to use any other regular tooth paste from now on.  The cavity found today was at the base of a tooth, Sjogren's style...so dentist said that's a bad thing and we need to watch for new cavities forming in those areas.  This gel is made by Colgate, it's called PreviDent 5000, designed for people with dry mouth and loaded with fluoride.  You put a pea size of the gel on your brush and cover each tooth well....then leave the gel stuff on, no rinsing.  THEN don't eat or drink for 30 minutes. 

When dentist started talking about cavities reaching tooth roots I cringed.  Way too much money in my mouth at this point and sure would hate to lose what I have left.   O Sjogren's !  How I detest thee!

Tantalus

Re: Prescription Tooth Gel....?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 06:05:18 AM »
I have been using Prevident 5000 since getting the Invisalighners about seven months ago.  At first I used the mint variety but it was just too harsh for the soft tissue.  I went on line and found that it comes in "Fruitastic" as well as spearmint.

My orthodontist ordered me some and I love it.  Absolutely no pain.

4Kids

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 06:29:16 AM »
I noticed two darker lines on the bottom of two of my teeth recently. We have no benefits for another month and can't afford the huge expenses so I am waiting. The teeth cause me no pain so I am hopeful. This sounds really good. I myself bought and use a fluoride rinse as we have no flouride in the water here. I have receded gums so a bit of my roots are quite exposed.
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

reesatay

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 09:32:38 AM »
I started to use an over the counter fluoride rinse to protect my teeth until I get in to see my dentist later this month to discuss options.  I want to do everything I can to protect my teeth from decay.  From what I've found there are fluoride gels, foams and rinses that can be Rx's to protect teeth from decay.  I'll mention the Provident 5000 paste and post back what he recommends.  Thanks for the info.