Author Topic: Inner Peace  (Read 2166 times)

lighthouse33

Inner Peace
« on: December 13, 2012, 11:54:13 AM »
Inner  Peace: This is so true   

If  you can start the day without caffeine,

If you  can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and  pains, 

If  you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles, 

If  you can eat the same food every  day and be grateful for it, 

If  you can understand when your loved  ones  are too busy to give you any time, 

If  you can take criticism and  blame without resentment  ,

If  you can conquer tension  without  medical help,

If you can relax without  liquor,   

If  you can sleep without the aid of  drugs,   

....Then  You Are  Probably  ..........

The  Family Dog!       
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

slccom

Re: Inner Peace
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 12:30:13 PM »
Amen!
Sharon II

Daisy1234

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 01:12:53 PM »
I loved this Lighthouse, thanks so much for the chuckle :)

Daisy

quietdynamics

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 11:42:31 PM »
Just goes to prove what I always knew...I am a Cat.

Jump on your lap without  permission. Or steal the "warm" spot.
Position myself on the bed so no one else can move. And you should be glad I am there!
Will take a taste of food off your plate...whether you are looking or not.

You can call me all you want ...but, I will give you MY attention when "I" am ready.
Take naps in the afternoon sunlight...Please Do Not Disturb.

And when I purrrrr...you think it is all about you...lol

Now we have Moms older dog in our home of 3 adopted felines, all with different personalities.
Amy is the ancient one, AKA the fossil, the tortie Frankie, is sweet, innocent and a purrr machine, who will pull out stands of my hair, like she is grooming me...lol, Then the Siamese who we renamed Buddha, and that is what she looks like ...sometimes sits with her back in the corner and legs spread with her Buddha belly hanging

Max now steals the cat food/ while the old cat Amy steals the dog food.. :o
Max was brought here "terminal"..but he is looking better than ever!! must be all the Omega from the the cat food???
Mom never brought Max to my home as she thought he would kill a cat...we watch standoffs in the hallway...or Max hanging back while Amy the Fossile drinks water. She has been meowing a lot of late(cat senility?) and Max gets concerned and will sniff her to check her out...lol

So we are cat people who turned an 11 yr old lab into a lap cat.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

Loribelle

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 05:06:34 AM »
Hahahahahahahaha!!! That's hilarious! I was reading and thinking, "this person is crazy if they think anyone can be like this!!" I was kinda getting mad. Then I got to the end and busted out laughing!
Thanks for the laugh! :)

Saundra

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 10:43:18 AM »
Right Loribelle. I was reading it like the poem "If" was much happy when it made me laugh...but I think I'm likin the whole cat thing more.  I wish 

XOXO
Ldy

quietdynamics

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 07:49:44 PM »
..forgot to share with all... that Max the Labrador turned cat has also commandeered on of the cats' mouse toys ...lol...and it is the one that has the pull string so it moves across the floor.
Well, he just looks at it ...waits for it to stop then carries it in his mouth.. ???

If you  can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and  pains, 

Max takes meds for swollen joints and hops along some days on three legs, I can feel the pea sized lymph nodes  :-[...and still will wag his tail..nuzzle to be petted, even though his appetite will be off (so I give him a treat..a tablespoon of cat food... flaked salmon or tuna..yummm)

??? as a side note/ question: do you think animals have less sensors to pain?
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 12:48:17 AM »
what Loribel said.....lol.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

MaryBee7

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 03:07:43 AM »
My Dog Girls are Gilda, Dervish and Anna.  They are the Fire Under My Bottom, the Accepters of All Things Mary Beth, and my best friends.  Thanks for this post topic  :)

CMNK12

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 07:07:27 AM »
haha

only wish I could be that good. thanks CK