Author Topic: Need some support  (Read 4165 times)

4Kids

Need some support
« on: December 17, 2012, 07:58:31 AM »
Yesterday my Gramma passed away. There has been family drama on that side of the family, so we were not close. I wish we were though but they made it very difficult.

Then, I had a terrible day. I have my period, it was heavy enough (pretty light, maybe a normal person's period) to bother me and tire me out.

Then, my daughter is sick with croup I think. At 2:30 my youngest son woke up and I put him back to bed. Then at about 3:15 the dog needed to go out. Then my eldest daughter woke up and couldn't breathe due to the croup or whatever. I got her settled at about 5ish and went to sleep with her and got my husband who refused to get up (why???) but I was just going off instinct and it was right on time... anyway I have basically been up since 2:30 and now I have to drive my 3 kids to the dr which is like an hour away.  I am so tired my arms are getting tired typing this out. I have no one to ask to drive us.

And there is some animal in or around our yard. When I went out to do chores, the dog went nuts. She is doing her job--this am I had to drive my eldest son to the bus instead of him walking because he heard whatever it was by the barn. He said it sounded like a bear, which would be unusual due to hibernation, but is entirely possible. So I am leaving my wonderful dog out here on her own. She is a great Pyrenees and she IS a bear dog, this is her job, but still I sure hope she will be fine. She does have shelter and I am sure she will be.

Wish me luck.
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

Sleepy In Seattle

Re: Need some support
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 01:04:43 PM »
Sheesh - what a night! When it rains, it pours, huh?  :-\

Sorry you're dealing with all that...but remember nothing is permanent, and not every night will be like that! If the kids are sick a few probably will be, unfortunately - but I bet in a week or so you'll be back on track.

Be kind to yourself, eat well, rest when you can....

Sending you best wishes....
Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, APS
Fatigue, Brain Fog, Autoimmune Hearing Loss, joint/muscle pain, dry mouth, clots in retina, etc
GF, "semi-Paleo" diet, Supplements, Plaquenil 400mg/day, Aspirin 325mg/day (for APS), Methotrexate 7mg/2x per week, Prednisone 3.5mg/day

engy

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 01:23:45 PM »
Oh my. It seems like the more we need a break the less we get one.

((hugs)) and hoping for a calmer night tonight.

Good luck & prayers sent.
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

Daisy1234

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 01:45:30 PM »
Dear 4Kids:

First, I'm so very sorry to hear about the passing of your Grandma and your daughter being ill.  All of that and not getting any sleep and your Great Pyreness having to stay out to protect and hopefully discourage whatever wild animal is hanging around your yard.  No wonder you're so tired and exhausted and being up all night is just too much on top of everything else.

I really hope that you'll be able to get some much needed quiet time later today and a much better nights rest tonight.  I'm also hoping that you're daughter feels better soon and that your big special doggy will discourage the wild animal so all can return to normal in your home as soon as possible.

Hugs,
Daisy

4Kids

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 02:55:07 PM »
After a 2.5 hour wait to see the dr we are home. she has strep throat and had a 39.7 temp w Advil.

Thank you all, am keeping up so far and Molly seems happy enough so all is good.

Fingers crossed for sleep tonight!
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

quietdynamics

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 04:41:18 PM »
Whew...at least you are all home and safe now.

Hopefully, an easy dinner tonight and early to bed?
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

4Kids

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 06:54:03 PM »
Well all four are sick now, but we are okay so far, off to the dr again tomorrow.

quietdynamics

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 08:12:06 PM »
Oh Dear!!! Will you get an anti-biotic as well while you are there? Might as well get yourself checked, while you are there...just ask the Dr. to take a peek please.

Time to make some Bannock.. ;) Saw your blog.  And try to pace yourself, nap when they do ..right.

Just had 4 yr/old granddaughter for a visit..ended up being extended as she got a stomach 'bug' ..not even holding down water. Just stayed calm, taught her to stay calm with her sipping fluids, then Gatorade, teaspoon of barley or oatmeal at a time....figured she was so empty, might as well replenish with probiotics..lol..teaspoon of yogurt. Reinforce washing hands, etc.

She just came back from her other grandmother with sugar candy...whaaaa.

How old are the children? Do you have to notify the school if they all have strep?
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

ashewoman

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 03:56:42 AM »
Yesterday my Gramma passed away. There has been family drama on that side of the family, so we were not close. I wish we were though but they made it very difficult.

Wish me luck.

It must be the time for passing grandmothers.  I'm so sorry.  I just went thru the same thing.  And I think its worse when you are as close as you like to be and I know it is worse when the family is not supportive.  My thoughts are with you.  GG

4Kids

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 05:52:26 AM »
I have a 10 yo, an 8yo, a 5yo and a 3yo. 3 have fevers and the 8yo has antibiotics with not much progress since Monday. Dr. insisted on giving penicillin which I do not really believe is effective anymore.

The 10 and 5 yos got off the bus fevering like crazy. My 3 yo is burning up--what a night.  I just ran from one kid to the next with Advil and tylenol. We are just waiting to wake up a little and drink some coffee and I will drive everyone to the dr and get us all antibiotics. He can give me a Rx too, I will not fill unless necessary, but it is an hour either way to a dr  or pharmacy and let's face it. strep is a huge problem.

I did tell the school. So much for holidays... and I am not quite ready for Xmas! Oy. My aunt offered to help with whatever is left which is wonderful. I guess my poor little cousin has the same thing.  If she didn't, I know they would have avoided us so as not to get sick but they all have it, lol. It is 45 mins for my Aunt to get here, she is recuperating from shoulder surgery but it is something anyway.

Ashewoman, I am so sorry to hear of your Nana's passing and no one telling you as well. That is very harsh.

ashewoman

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 09:29:05 AM »

Ashewoman, I am so sorry to hear of your Nana's passing and no one telling you as well. That is very harsh.

It was.  I swear... the things the do to "protect me" seem worse than the trouble life causes.  SIGH!  Gosh honey you got a house full of little germ factories.  Take care of yourself. I tell ya schools, daycares and playgrounds are snot farms!  Run Run and don't touch anything if you have to go in one.  LOL  GG

quietdynamics

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »
4Kids...saw your up-date. Should have mentioned having the Dr. call in the scripts to the pharmacy...saves time, esp. given the circumstances.

I asked the ages, as I would just set up a  sick room in the living room...so you don't have to run around so much. Comforters and pillows on the floor ...hold down the fort.

my Aunt to get here, she is recuperating from shoulder surgery... hugs to your Aunt ..what a trooper. The only "family" who helped me with my Mom was an Aunt who is a  recent Cancer/Mastectomy survivor..took the train and  bus from NYC ...so I could go home and get some rest..she did this twice!!

Try to rest when the kids do. I really hope you and your Aunt and husband fare well.

Daisy1234

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 04:45:11 PM »
Hi 4Kids, just saw your latest post.....   My goodness, you really deserve to be cut a break soon.  Hopefully, things will improve soon.  I can understand with all of your youngsters being sick and the holidays being almost upon us that everything is overwhelming. 

I do hope that all the kindness you have shown to so many comes back to you now when you really need it, as in your dear Aunt saying she will help out even when recovering from her surgery.  Hugs to you and hoping better times come soon.

Daisy

iraisin

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 11:27:36 AM »
Awwwwww!

Big Texas HUG ((((( <3 ))))) to you!

QD's suggestion on the "sick ward" sounds good. Make sure you make a nest for yourself in there too! You can rest and love on eachother.

Sweet thing - I'm so sorry.

Hope things get better real soon for you.