Author Topic: Making the day better with chocolate and dog friends  (Read 1059 times)

Peony

Making the day better with chocolate and dog friends
« on: October 22, 2012, 02:25:31 PM »
Hi,

So I had a lonely moment earlier.  Shed a few tears - yes actually had some (not enough to roll down the face haha).
Then I had some yummy leftovers from last night, one piece of chocolate and pet my dogs!

If you had a challenge today - how did you make it better?

Have a good one,
Peony

madderakka

Re: Making the day better with chocolate and dog friends
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 01:05:43 AM »
Today was actually my rest day. I spent Saturday cleaning out my garage because my cousin was in need of baby items and I had a ton in there. So we took two loads of odds and ends to Good Will and brought a carful of baby stuff to her on Sunday. She and her 1 year old baby left an abusive relationship with just the clothes they were wearing. Luckily her mom (also my cousin) was able to take them in. The baby's birthday was Sunday, so we took the things to them and spent the day with them.

It was great to find out they were living here. I just moved from the east coast to California, so it was a surprise to find out that my cousin whom I hadn't talked to in about 10 years is living an hour and a half from me now. I had a lot of fun visiting with them, but the garage cleaning coupled with the drive and staying up all day Sunday had me crashing last night about 10 pm.

So that was the struggle and today was the rest day to recover from it. Now tomorrow is the put the house back in order day. Joy.  :-\

Chocolate and doggy kisses can make most things better.

Peony

Re: Making the day better with chocolate and dog friends
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 06:47:43 PM »
Madderraka,

I'm so glad you have them closer to you!
Boy you are a super woman!  I hope they will now be safe and not have to worry therefore be healthier and loved!
To you as well - I hope you can take loving care of yourself :)  boy I bet you had to rest up huh?

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story.

Peony