Author Topic: Hands Going Numb While Sleeping: Could This Also be Sjogren's?  (Read 31197 times)

adaubrey

Re: Hands Going Numb While Sleeping: Could This Also be Sjogren's?
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2012, 08:25:28 AM »
me too.

Dee

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »
When I had a bad run with carpal tunnel several years ago I found wearing the wrist and elbow braces at night helped alleviate the symptoms.  Eventually I stopped wearing the wrist brace because it bothered me and just wore the elbow brace until it cleared up which I think was about 6 to 8 or 10 weeks total.

Navigator

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2012, 01:33:55 PM »
Yes this is SJS related.  It is a form of peripheral neuropathy. I get it mostly during flares.  It can also present as a forearm cramp.
Hashimotos thyroiditis, Primary SJS, IBS, autoimmune hearing loss, leucopenia, arthritis,asthma.
Synthroid, Plaquenil, Crestor, Evoxac,Vit D , Fish Oil, Restasis, Daily Walking, Sleep, Baby aspirin, Probiotic, avoid gluten,dairy and sugar, hearing aide, gratitude, big dog

adaubrey

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2012, 02:26:44 PM »
I know people have explained this before, but how can neuropothy be one of the main symptoms? I have slightly dry eyes and mouth and dry skin, but the muscle soreness and neuropothy is what led me to the doctors.
All that come up in all the tests is antibodies for SJ.
It's hard to understand....
Mine is primarly on the right side of my body too.

lori

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2012, 04:35:18 PM »
intersting ... dr just called with my labs- i had requested myb vitmine levels get checked.... b 12 and b6 too high...

ok so i started looking up syptoms and tingling in hands and feet and nueropathy can be result of too mych b.

was on double dose of a b complex per holistic dr. - i am gonna stop the b complex and pray it goes away...

anyone know that if this hands falling asleep and burning in toes stiuff is reversible if the culprit is stopped????

Blove

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2012, 04:54:54 PM »
Wow!! Thanks for posting this question!!

This happens to me too! I had no idea it could be Sjogrens, since everything that happens to me is new I'll add it to my list.

Thanks!
Blove

astarah

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »
I also get numb forearms and hands while Im sleeping. Sometimes only the last two or three fingers will go numb, or sometimes they are the only ones that aren't numb (if that makes sense) on both arms/hands.
It's painful and usually wakes me up. I have to shake them and massage them for ages until they come back.
I also get numb or heavy hand/s after doing a lot of writing, or using my hands for tasks (feels like I have been catching baseballs all day). Anyone else have this? Its driving me bonkers!!!
 :o

Sorry, but just noticed this. If your last two fingers are going numb, it might actually be a pinched nerve in your spine. If you have any upper back problems, it's a decent possibility.