Author Topic: Wreck :(  (Read 2047 times)

Winnie

Wreck :(
« on: August 29, 2012, 05:56:15 PM »
I was sitting in unsually long traffic going to work today when BAM! a truck rear ended me.  I screamed, my foot left the brake, my sandal got caught on the brake and I hit the car in front of me.  The truck that hit me was stopped too so the one behind him didn't see any of us.  I was late for work, my husband is out of the country until tomorrow.  I was not hurt and the kids were not with me.  I just dumped them off at school.  It was just stressful enough to make my stomach hurt today but I tried very hard to keep a happy face at the accident and at school.  Thank goodness for zoloft!  I guess my insurance just went up.   :'(   >:(  :(

Winnie

Sicca Syndrome-Aug 11', osteopenia, IBS-C, gastritis, GERD
Plaquenil, Dexilant, Vit D, Calcium, gluten free, dairy, egg & nut intolerances

iraisin

Re: Wreck :(
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 05:59:52 PM »
awwwww. Poor girl. What a rotten way to start the day.

Glad the kids weren't in the car, that's a blessing.

Gold star to you for hangin' tuff with a smile!  :)

Gayle

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 06:04:18 PM »
Oh so sorry!! Hope you stay okay and what a blessing the kids were not with you! Hugs!

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 06:46:36 PM »
sorry to hear the problems you're having. If this doesn't look quite right is because I'm using a speech recognition system. I had a number of car accidents and they have often trigger flares for me. I hope you don't experience a flat. Sometimes the speech program chooses the words and will not let me correct them.
My most recent accident was from someone driving the wrong way on the highway. Is that tried to get away I was rear-ended. Have fun deciphering this entry.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

iraisin

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 06:50:26 PM »
Joe, it wasn't too bad. Cool tool.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 08:12:24 PM »
It is much easier to read my notes than type them. The challenge is having a good editor. You will get through the challenge of this accident.

The problem with my last accident is that I had premonitions of it two months in advance. There was a Black SUV in front of me and one behind me and an old caddy beside me. The one in front of me pulled over a split second before he would be hit.I tried to head for the ditch. The one behind tapped my bumper. The witnesses stopped because they could not believe what they saw. I spun around through traffic and did not hit any other vehicle. I called 911 and they hung up on me because the two witnesses also called and they were not as shook up as I was.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Carebear

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 09:38:32 PM »
Oh, Winnie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident.  But glad to hear that you and your children are alright.  It is very stressful dealing with these sort of things.

I myself was rear ended about five years ago too on my way to work...the first day back to school.  I was sitting in traffic and heard this horrible screeching of tires.  Then BANG!  The speeding car hit the guy behind me, who then hit me, and I hit the fellow in front of me.  My stainless travel mug was catapulted into the windshield, smashing the glass to bits, and narrowly missing my head.  And I had my computer in the trunk, ready to be taken in for repairs.  That didn't turn out well either.   But thankfully I was unharmed.

So I can relate.  Make sure you keep accurate records.   It's hard to keep track of everything when you get so rattled.  I hope things with the insurance company go smoothly for you.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Pisces24

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 12:59:22 PM »
Sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully no one was hurt and you were able to get a rental car.

I had an 18 yr old rear end me while I was stopped waitinng to turn. Wrecked the bumper of my car and blew a tire due to the metal pushing up. Her car was basically totaled.  I still have in the back of my head the fear of getting hit again. I guess it takes awhile to go away.

Hope your day improved at some point.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 08:23:51 PM »
Winnie - what a rough way to start your day.   :(

I hope you aren't feeling any of the effects today from your accident yesterday (some times pain happens later - that's why they tell people to not say, "I'm okay" after an accident).

Having that happen would shake anyone up - then, to have to go to work afterwards - ugh.  I'd have an upset stomach too!  (Usually, the seatbelt tightens quite a bit in something like this, do you think you might have gotten bruised from the seatbelt?  Your stomach could hurt from both - nerves and being bruised.  Just a thought.)

I hope today has been a better day for you.  At least hubby should be back home today.   :)

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Winnie

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 04:07:44 PM »
I am still doing ok - no bumps or bruises.  I tried to "drive" everyone elses car yesterday and today, constantly looking in my rear view mirror, but it will take time to aleviate the anxiety stuff.

Hubby is home and glad to be back.  The back of my car doesn't look bad but it has enough damage to be fixed.  We were sad that it happened to my new car and the accident report will show up if I ever sell the thing.  Oh well, it could be worse.

Winnie  :)
Sicca Syndrome-Aug 11', osteopenia, IBS-C, gastritis, GERD
Plaquenil, Dexilant, Vit D, Calcium, gluten free, dairy, egg & nut intolerances

Patze

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 04:48:50 PM »
Whew!  Glad to hear that you weren't hurt!  And that the kids were at school!

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

slccom

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 02:11:16 PM »
There is no reason why your insurance should go up--you were just sitting there minding your own business. Nor should you have to pay your deductible.

Do NOT talk to your insurance company by phone beyond reporting that there was a collision; get the police report, and answer written questions in writing. They will try to trap you into saying something was your fault when it wasn't.

I'm glad you are ok. The car is only a thing.

After I got rear ended, my rearview mirror became my new best friend. Still is, and that was back in 1989! I make sure it looks like they are stopping, and if they are moving too fast to suit me, I hit my emergency flashers to get their attention off the *&^#()%$ phone! I also never get right up against the car in front of me so that I can try to get out of the way of someone about to hit me, perhaps. At least, I have less chance of hitting car in front of me. And my foot is on the brake, hard.

I drive as if everyone else on the road is stoned, drunk and out to get me. I have zero trust in other drivers. And things have gone well ever since.

Sharon

So far, so good.