Author Topic: Down With Something?  (Read 2177 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Down With Something?
« on: August 23, 2012, 06:11:38 PM »
I have had colds, and thought that is all I have. I have had the flu before, and my fever would suddenly spike.

I have sneezed some, my sinuses dry as usual. My whole throat esophagus feels swollen, and irritated all the way down.

My ears do feel infected, and I do have the swelled lymph nodes by my ears,and under my jaws.

The worst is my neck feels so stiff and aches all along the back of it, and up the back of my head some.

Me and my husband both went to the doctor. He has a light case of bronchitis.

We both got an antibiotic shot, and meds too.

I  get in and out of the bed, with less energy than usual. (I didn't think that was possible).

I just don't feel like I usually would with a normal cold. I don't usually have this stiff and aching neck pain unless I have the flu.

I haven't had that in a long long time. She never mentioned it either.

What could all this be? Feels like a weird virus, but don't know what.

I go from chills to low grade fevers. This must have been starting days ago, when I was writing about a low temperature and chills. Now much more going on.

Anyone else been having weird sick stuff going on, other than the usual weird stuff we have. lol....

I will be glad to see cooler weather, but not the sick goodies it might bring.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

iraisin

Re: Down With Something?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 06:23:28 PM »
I don't want to freak you out, but I think you should get checked out.

Of course, I can be influenced by media from time-to-time, but maybe check out this link and then call your doc about it and discuss it with him.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/westnile/qa/symptoms.htm

susanep

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 06:47:50 PM »
Do they have a simple test for it?

Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

iraisin

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 07:25:12 PM »
they must. They've been diagnosing people left and right with it here in Houston.

It sounds like what you're dealing with doesn't it - based on their symptoms listed (except for the extreme ones anyway)

Call your doc. Ask him about it. Hopefully he won't shrug you off and run a test for you.

eyeamdry

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 08:05:07 PM »
On an odd note, I rarely get colds/flu since my diagnoses.  Others have also written about this on here.  I do get a flu shot from my rheumy and I'm due for my pneumonia shot.  I have had small problems with sinus or coughs, but darn I rarely see a bad cold.  Now watch, since I put this on paper, I'll get some nasty stuff.  Lucy

susanep

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 08:51:01 PM »
Lucy let's hope you don't get anything nasty. Since I already have something nasty, let it just stop with me.

I will have to call the doctor tomorrow, and let them know how I feel, and what they think about the virus Texas is having, and if they would test us.

I have felt somewhat delirious at times, and everything looks darker, so we have all the lights on.

Even our dogs are not stirring much. Oh Brother!!
lol....

Cricket

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »
Susanep

Keep you in my prayers that it is nothing serious.
Love
Cricket~
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

susanep

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 10:47:20 PM »
Thank you dear Cricket.  :)

Gayle

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 02:22:44 AM »
susanep!
I do hope you can get in to the dr today and feel better soon!

Prayers!

susanep

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 06:47:51 AM »
My husband called them at the doctor's for me this morning, and told them how I am feeling etc.

They discounted about the WNV. said that there have been no confirmed cases in our county. Well, I guess someone has to be the first.

I will have to play the waiting game I guess, and if not better by Monday then go back and say, hey something is going on.

If I do get worse over the weekend I would go to the ER. so I will keep you updated, and hopefully it is just a severe sinus/sjogren's thing, and taking time to get over it.

I have to go to a very special thing tomorrow for my son, and I need your prayers that me and my husband get through it ok without passing out. lol....

I will take some extra ibuprofen or something.

EllaBlue

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 09:33:33 AM »
HI Susan...another thing I just found out is my autonomic neuropathy can cause SUCH problems as can our Sjogrens. Things get clogged......nodes get swollen. It is just that complicated.  I would call your doctor again SOON if you are not improving. And I am BIG on following our intuition. Sometimes we just know...
((Hugs))) and feel better soon!
EllaBlue

Katybarstool

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 02:11:54 PM »
Susan

I ope you feel much better by tomorrow and that you can enjoy your son's thing.

God bless.

KAthyx

Gayle

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 04:57:11 PM »
Susan!
Prayers to enjoy the thing!! Feel better!