Author Topic: I think I understand navydad...  (Read 3543 times)

Reanne

I think I understand navydad...
« on: November 25, 2012, 09:54:55 AM »
I know I began feeling bad on October 1 of this year.  I am very fatigued, my limbs feel like jell-o.  I saw a "doctor" on October 2 for a company physical.  He tested reflexes, had me squeeze his hands, bend down, and then stand up.  I told him then, "I feel wheezy."  He listened and said, "I think you may have a little virus" then his approval that he found me physically able to work.  The next week, I was sick and went somewhere else.  I got two shots, an antibiotic and kenalog, and albuterol.  I got a little better, but never got over the jello-o like weakness and never got the burst of energy I usually get from kenalog.  I then went to an urgent care clinic, sent to an er, home, the next day I went to the er.  The doctor promised she would help me or find someone who would.  When I went to the follow up, she did nothing.  I then had an appointment with a neurologist who said I had migraines without headaches, but ordered an MRI anyway.  The MRI only showed a sinus polyp, which got me referred to and ENT.  In the meantime, I saw my rheumatologist where I thought I would get some help.  She does NO disability, so wouldn't give me a note to work shortened days.  She said, when the bloodwork is normal, we don't know what to do. 

Back to my point. ..  I still feel weak, even if there is nothing wrong with my blood work.  I still sound like I have a smoker's cough, even though I have never smoked a day in my life, coughing up a bunch of junk.  My sinuses are on fire!!!   I am miserable, feeling like I am on my last leg and no help in sight.  So navydad if you are still out there watching the board.  I think I do understand you just a little.  Bless you my friend.

aussie mum

Re: I think I understand navydad...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 11:52:17 AM »
I often think of Navydad and his struggles with his health. I hope he is ok.
Daughter - SJS, Lupus, Underactive Thyroid, Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome & Insulin Resistance.

Me - Ankylosing Spondylitis, Total Thyroidectomy, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, High Blood Pressure, Hiatus Hernia, Dry Eyes & Mouth, Stomach Issues, Enbrel, Thyroxine, Atacand, Pariet, Krill Oil, Vit D

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 01:22:48 PM »
I could not find an email address for him. I have no way of checking on him. Last I heard he was just plugging away, only surviving and not truly living. Very depressed.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Styx

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 02:55:06 PM »
Reanne, are you able to sleep?

sewandsew

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 06:34:32 PM »
Just the other day I was wondering about Navydad.  With all of his problems, he still kept his sense of humor.

mshistory

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 06:40:21 PM »
I'm so sorry, Reanne. I'm having another terrible flare right now too. My goodness, these flares can drain the life out of us.  :'(

I almost went to the Urgent Care Clinic today for a steroid shot, but after my nap with a heating pad resting on my knees (I know, we're not supposed to sleep with those but my knees are going to explode for crying out loud!), I really just didn't have the energy to drive to the clinic. I've got constant shortness of breath and chest pressure from the inflammation and my skin has joined the party with all sorts of wonky rashes and hives. I am absolutely, completely exhausted. And now I have to go back to work tomorrow.

SLE and SjS with PN. ANA >1:1280 speckled,
SS-A >8.0, RF positive. Botox for migraines, Clonazepam, Zoloft, Imitrex for migraines, CellCept 1000 mg, Plaquenil 200 mg, Restasis, Zofran for nausea, Gabapentin, Evoxac and Norco for pain.

eyeamdry

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 08:33:56 PM »
We must not think the reason Navydad or any one else stopped coming by is a bad thing.  I think that when we're really down and sick that we need this outlet and companionship.  I believe enough people get feeling better that they no longer feel the need to be with us.  That is a positive thing.  Some of the "older sjoggies" on here realize that it is easy to be overcome by this board (or any board) and dig ourselves deeper than we really are.  So here's for feeling enough better to be able to leave the board.  After all, it wouldn't be much fun reading from a bunch of ppl who are feeling great.   8)  Lucy

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 11:16:23 PM »
Sometimes when I don't write quite as much it's, because I am sewing/quilting which I enjoy since retiring, and it takes me for a bit away from my problems.

It's still not easy to always do that, but it helps to manage at times. I always want to be a help to others also though when I can.

I love you all
susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Seeker

• Proud to serve
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 07:15:50 AM »
I miss NavyDad also.  I could relate what he is going through.  I enjoy reading the posts on this forum.  Often I visit here in stealth mode.  Reading how others cope with this life changing disease.  I laugh and sometimes cry, (yep, I cry, even though men are not suppose to.).  I am glad, there is a place where others like us can share and receive the support we often need.  (Nuff Said)  ;)
Every day is an adventure, waiting to happen.

Reanne

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 02:49:54 PM »
Styx,

Yes, I can sleep at time.  I go to sleep propped up.  I feel like I can't breathe well if I lie down. I go to the ENT today, so I didn't bother the local clinic today.  I have been there time after time.  I am tired of paying them for nothing.

shellthebell

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 08:33:27 PM »
When I first joined the board Navydad was a big poster. I too wonder how he is.

Tivia

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 08:48:31 PM »
I came in late but I remember him having so many difficulties and illness. Navydad if you are reading this, I hope you are well.

Styx

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 01:49:22 AM »
Reanne, I'm so glad you can sleep :) I sympathize with being tired of paying for nothing. I almost never go to the doctor anymore.

Styx

Reanne

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 09:14:41 PM »
I saw the ent today.  He didn't have a magic wand, but he did order a ct scan that showed my sinuses are filled with mucous/pus due to chronic infection/inflammation.  I am starting a medrol dose pack tomorrow, started augmentin tonight, will continue for 3 weeks and back on the yucky nasal spray.  I go back in 4 weeks to a repeat scan.  Hopefully this will be cleared up and I will feel much better.  I didn't ask him if the weakness could be due to the infection, but from what I have read, it is possible. 

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 09:29:52 PM »
Reanne, The chronic infection in the sinuses along with the loss of sleep that it entails can sure cause added weakness. I hope that after all these treatments you will be feeling better.

The darn nasal irrigations are a must for people like us as it helps clear out all that gunk and helps to cur down on the infections. I do steroid irrigations at times and they do take down the swelling in the sinus tissue which allows the gunk to irrigate out better.

Once we have this stuff it sort of picks at us off and on--ain't fun, but it could be worse. Good luck. IRish