Author Topic: Sjogren's mortality statistics  (Read 24464 times)

gold55

• GoldenLoves
Re: Sjogren's mortality statistics
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »
That is very strange about the H1N1......I wasn't going to get that shot but I caved in!  That was in 2010-2011 and I was diagnosed with possible SJS in 2012.  Could it be that shot "woke up" my existing SJS??  or my SJS gene????  My workplace says it's impossible to get anything from the flu shots because they are "not live".......our immune systems are out of balance and anything injected into our bodies will start an immune reaction.  Dang, I wish I would have never gotten the flu shots!!!
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

Nancy60

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »
You are right Cricket,

Here in the US the attending doctor/or family doctor if death occurs at home and is not suspicious, will put down cause of death on the death certificate.  They usually put down the most immediate problem even if there are multiple medical issues (ie pneumonia even if an elderly person had a hip fracture and COPD but developed pneumonia from being bed ridden).  If death was under suspicious circumstances, an autopsy will be done but again they will put down the most likely "cause" of death, not all the other medical conditions that exist.

Just like with us, we might have several "diagnoses" but 1 or 2 might be the primary cause of our issues.

Nancy

sass

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2012, 03:46:41 PM »
Ironically enough, I had a Pertussis, (Whooping cough) shot a few months before having becoming ill with this lung disease.  I went in with my daughter routinely for her pregnancy check up and it was offered to me for $40.00.  Told it would help prevent any chance of the newborn getting it..Well, I of course said yes...had two more little newborns already born..and with this one on the way...I shelled out my 40 bucks and rolled up my sleeve, quite healthy and willing.

I read now, it should not be given to someone with autoimmune....no one ask me....so, hmmm... just makes me wonder..This is something I will ask next appointment!  ~sass~

Reanne

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »
I got sick after the hep b shots.  I can't really pinpoint how much time afterwards.  I saw one of the side effects was lupus like syndrome, but thought it was supposed to go away after awhile.  :(

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2012, 09:21:23 PM »
No wonder my husband refuses anything shot into his body or treatment of any kind and he's healthy at age 59!!  He won't even take a vitamin!
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with