Author Topic: Ibuprofen  (Read 1885 times)

Rebecca

Ibuprofen
« on: July 09, 2012, 01:42:45 PM »
I have daily constant headaches and have for 15 years.  My rheum doc suggested 2 months ago that I go off of the NSAIDS and see if it turns out I am having rebound headaches.  So I did as she suggested.  My headaches did NOT go away and in fact have gotten worse.  So has my exhaustion and muscle fatigue/pain.  Over the weekend I decided to try ibuprofen to see if it would help w/my headache (it never did but I always tried in vain).  Well it didn't help w/my headache but it did help with my muscle pain/fatigue.  Anyone else ever experience that?

Reanne

Re: Ibuprofen
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 08:21:48 PM »
Ibuprofen helps with some of my aches and pains, but I don't thing I've tried it for headache.  I usually try Excedrin Migraine (generic).  It has aspirin and tylenol along with some caffeine.

mshistory

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 05:42:02 AM »
Rebecca, have you tried migraine medications for your headaches? There are quite a few triptans available, and now there's even a new medication for those who suffer from chronic migraines. I was diagnosed with migraines fifteen years ago by an allergist - I went through all of the allergy testing, he couldn't find anything to be causing all of my headaches, handed me some samples of Zomig ... and wow, my headache actually went away after one pill!! Some work better for some people than others. I had side effects with Zomig (jaw pain), Imitrex didn't help much (figures, since it's the only one that's generic now), used Frova for years before it quit working for me, and now I'm using Relpax.

My husband gets pretty much daily headaches too. I've wondered if they're rebound headaches. He's had cluster headaches a couple of times - those are horrible.
SLE and SjS with PN. ANA >1:1280 speckled,
SS-A >8.0, RF positive. Botox for migraines, Clonazepam, Zoloft, Imitrex for migraines, CellCept 1000 mg, Plaquenil 200 mg, Restasis, Zofran for nausea, Gabapentin, Evoxac and Norco for pain.

Rebecca

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 06:07:36 AM »
Thanks Reanne - The Excederin Migraine doesn't touch my headaches either.  Supposedly I suffer from tension headaches, according to a neuro doctor 15 years ago.  Migraines run in the family and when I describe some of the headaches (they are totally different than the ones I suffer daily), my family confirms that they are migraines.  So anyway, I wake up with headaches, go to bed with headaches and just expect it daily.

mshistory - Feuroset (spelling) helps with the headaches but I don't want to take that every day..as I don't have an active prescription for it.  I have tried Imitrex a long time ago and it really did a number on me (knocked me out & made me sick).  I am going to my RA doc at the end of Aug and will hit her up with all of this.  See what else she can suggest.

All I know is I took 2 ibuprofen yesterday with 1 pain pill and even though I still had a headache, my muscle pain was tolerable enough to be able to pull off a 20 minute pilates workout for the first time in months!!  I have to say that the more I think about it, the more I realize that my muscle pain & fatigue has been worse in the last 2 months since going off of the ibuprofen.  So I guess I have to weigh the pros & cons.  I think I will suffer the aggrivation to the ulcer as it tends to be random where as the muscle pain & fatigue is EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

thanks,
Rebecca

gurs

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 12:01:26 PM »
I get horrible Aura migraine headaches...all started from hysterectomy-now menopause. I cant tolerate any migraine medications, and just
take more steriods, motrin and tylenol all at the same time, half of each, etc. I know hormones play a huge, huge, part.

I also notice that when I used to eat some chocolate, I would get them, and sure enough, found out I was allergic to it.
I also notice I get them from allergies....which is just about from everything, but Im learning what I cant eat now etc.

I just heard about excedrin migraine on the news today and how its hard to get? the gal they interviewed said she
tried generic excedrin migraine and it didnt work? Wish I could try this, but the caffeine would make me nuts, plus dries me out even more.

I would be lost without motrin though. I only buy name brand Motrin at Walmart. I dont like generic anything..never works the same for me.

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Rebecca

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 12:17:03 PM »
Thanks Gurs.  I always buy generic.  Maybe that is part of my problem. Hmm. Something to think about.  I have never contributed the headaches to chocolate.  I will see if maybe there is a connection there for me as well.

Thanks for the tips.