Author Topic: A LITTLE R & R  (Read 2421 times)

eyeamdry

A LITTLE R & R
« on: June 22, 2012, 10:05:39 PM »
Hubby and I are once again headed to northern Michigan, this time for two graduation parties that will be held together.  This is just below the Mackinac Bridge in Michigan's lower peninsula.  The day after that, we are going over the bridge to the Upper Peninsula, which is the most beautiful place on earth.  You actually feel this as you are entering the area.  The trees, landscape etc are magnificent.  You see farm fields with real cows and real barns.  You see farmers working the fields.  After an hour or so, you get near the Lake Superior shore.  Then it really begins and I can't begin to tell you unless you've been there.

I will miss you all.   Not sure when we're coming back, but sometime next week.  I hope it doesn't snow on me.  Lucy :-\

Cricket

Re: A LITTLE R & R
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 01:35:03 AM »
Have a great time!
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

CindyD

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 07:05:50 AM »
I hope you have fun and enjoy yourself ;) Im about 8 hrs North Of Michigian in North Bay Ontario...I think we are safe from Snow at the moment- Just had a huge heat wave.. But anything is POSSIBLE! lol  Have a great time!!!!

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 01:10:19 PM »
AAWww, Lucy, I am so envious of you. That is one of the things I miss do much ,not being able to go out into our beautiful, countryside  (UK)  I miss the hill walking , the waterfalls, the sheep and cattle grazing in the green grass. The rain we have had so much of recently has made the trees and hillsides so lush and green.I so miss it all.

How do you cope with travelling with so much dryness to cope with. I gave up travelling about as I can hardly stand being in the car with all the airflow blasting on my eyes and my freezing cold body"  and public transport is just a memory!  Anyway have a great time Lucy, take lot's pictures like I did, which now I can look at them when I get down ... Enjoy Dolly x

lynnmarie219

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 01:29:23 PM »
Enjoy your time away....sounds like a wonderful place for some R & R! We will be here when you return!  :)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 04:47:17 PM »
Lucy - enjoy your R & R trip.   ;D

I hope you didn't take the truck to bring home any more "ugly" chairs!!!   ;)

Enjoy and relax.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 04:49:40 PM »
Have a super time Lucy!  I'm from the Great Lakes area and sometimes I miss it so!  Take care of yourself and relax ;D
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

gmomjuju

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 06:56:15 PM »
Lucy,

Have a great rest!  A friend of ours told us how great that area was.  I will put it on my "bucket list"!

Judy

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 10:15:11 PM »
Lucy, That sounds just great. Nothing like getting away for a few days. I never made it up to the penninsula (sp) and I am so sorry that we didn't get there. Hear nothing but great things about it.

Hope you have a great time and the weather is good. Take care and drive safe. Irish

Sleepy In Seattle

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 07:53:02 AM »
Fresh air + beautiful countryside = GOOD MEDICINE.... ;D

Enjoy....
Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, APS
Fatigue, Brain Fog, Autoimmune Hearing Loss, joint/muscle pain, dry mouth, clots in retina, etc
GF, "semi-Paleo" diet, Supplements, Plaquenil 400mg/day, Aspirin 325mg/day (for APS), Methotrexate 7mg/2x per week, Prednisone 3.5mg/day

quilt4fun

• "When life hands you scraps, make a quilt."
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 08:22:40 AM »
Lucy,
Have a great time!  I agree, it is a beautiful place.   We were there maybe 6 or 7 years ago.
Age 64. PSS, Gerd, Kidney stones,  dry eyes, dry skin, borderline high cholesterol, osteoporosis. lung scar tissue,  Taking:  Plaquenil, Meloxicam, protonix, potassium citrate, fortical ,calcium+D,  Lovaza , genteel jel and theratears liquid  gel,    medrol and lacriserts

susan

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 08:23:11 AM »

Have fun! It is spectacularly beautiful up there!
Sjogrens, Stills disease, Acromegaly, Interstitial cystitis

Plaquenil, Prednisone, Octreotide injectable, Crestor, Xanax