Author Topic: Yippee, I'm Free!  (Read 3180 times)

mshistory

Re: Yippee, I'm Free!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 05:15:24 AM »
Congratulations on your retirement!
SLE and SjS with PN. ANA >1:1280 speckled,
SS-A >8.0, RF positive. Botox for migraines, Clonazepam, Zoloft, Imitrex for migraines, CellCept 1000 mg, Plaquenil 200 mg, Restasis, Zofran for nausea, Gabapentin, Evoxac and Norco for pain.

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 05:52:35 AM »
Doxie,
I'm happy for you, too!  (I retired from teaching in 2009.)  Best wishes in pursuing disability benefits.
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

Doxie

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 02:34:48 PM »
Thanks for even more well wishers!

Belsey, I'm so sorry you have a few years left to go. Though I liked my job, these past few years have been a nightmare for me. So I understand, it can be really, really rough when you feel so lousy and can barely make it to work.

When I checked into long term disability through work, I found out some things about it that discouraged me from going that route. The biggest thing is that they make you apply for SSDI, and then when you get it, they deduct they amount that they give you, by the amount the government gives you. So that is a real deterrent.  Anyway, your plan may be different, but check it carefully.

However, like you said, if you could retire, and then apply for disability, that could give you enough income to live.  Right now, I don't know why I'm not stressing. I'm not going to have enough money from my retirement to pay for everything, so I guess I just hope for a miracle to get disability quickly.

Belsey, good luck figuring out what you're going to do.

Thanks to everyone else and their good advice!

Belsey1

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 12:25:20 PM »
Doxie,
Thank you for that advice about the SSDI.  I will see if that applies here and consider that before I make a decision.  I wish you the best with your disability application.  Hopefully you will be approved on the first attempt.

As for not feeling stressed about the retirement income, that probably is offset from the peace you have in knowing you gave it your all and could not go on working as you were.

I will be thinking of you.