Author Topic: Somebody please talk me in to booking my trip  (Read 4238 times)

WildThing

Somebody please talk me in to booking my trip
« on: May 18, 2012, 10:42:16 AM »
I want to go away I really do...not catching a plane to do it just two trains, 3-4 hour trip to a seaside town, no biggy you might say but to me it is a biggy as I hardly ever go anywhere and feel physically awful most of the time.  However I really want to go away and found the perfect place to rent and everything just can't seem to bring myself to do it.  Worried about how I'll cope on the train with my weak bladder and nausea, how I'll feel when I'm there ect.  I really want to go though.

Sleepy In Seattle

Re: Somebody please talk me in to booking my trip
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 12:57:17 PM »
Go!!!! Do something that makes you happy!!!!  ;D

Take it slow - be kind to yourself - leave lots of free time to rest - and be flexible about how things go down. If you have to, you can always just head home, right?

Even if you go and sleep most of the time, you'll know you can do it...and that'll feel good. Then maybe the next time won't be so stressful. Bring a computer or smartphone so you can keep us updated and we can cheer for you!  ;)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, APS
Fatigue, Brain Fog, Autoimmune Hearing Loss, joint/muscle pain, dry mouth, clots in retina, etc
GF, "semi-Paleo" diet, Supplements, Plaquenil 400mg/day, Aspirin 325mg/day (for APS), Methotrexate 7mg/2x per week, Prednisone 3.5mg/day

WildThing

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 06:13:26 PM »
It's spending the money I think I'm nervous about but I actually have spet thousands on disinfectant, bleach and gloves through my severe OCD so 300 on a trip that could improve my health isn't all that bad.  Haven't got  a laptop or smartphone but if I do end up going I will try to find an internet cafe and keep in touch!!!

Gayle

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 07:08:19 PM »
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

THE BRIT

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 09:37:22 PM »
  You can ask to book a seat by the bathroom so you won't have far to go if you need to go to the toilet or get nauseous.  Just for that trip you could maybe wear an inco pad.  They don't show and you really don't feel them that much.  I wear them all the time due to a neurogenic bladder and they really are doable.  Go and have a fun time especially if you have found somewhere nice.  You'll end up regretting it if you don't do it.  Which seaside town are you going to go to?

eyeamdry

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 10:53:32 PM »
Please go, we are all jealous.  You are by yourself, which does have it's advantages.  You can do what you want, when you want.  Lucy

WildThing

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 07:15:48 AM »
OK, DONE IT booked it can't hardly believe it but I've done it.

I have worn, and still do wear those incon pads Brit, still find I nd up soaking myself though it's awful.  Maybe I need to get some of those wrap around things like you pull on lol.  Just for the train journey lol.  Can't bliev I just booked i, goigm to tke a whiel to sink in I think.  Worrid abotu leaving my flat for a week un attended but will ask the caretaker to kep and eye out and I'm sure he won't mind if I ring him now and again to check everything is ok.

Brit: don't know if (from your name) youare British but I live in the UK.  Am going to Tenby http://www.visitpembrokeshire.com/content.asp?nav=27

THE BRIT

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 10:00:32 AM »
  Congratulations!  It looks beautiful.  I'm sure you are going to have a wonderful time.  I am english, but moved to USA in 1991 when they were short of nurses then and were providing 1 year work visas and decided to stay.  It is a bit scary leaving your flat, I know that feeling, but I'm sure your caretaker will watch it for you.  Congratulations again!

WildThing

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 11:17:21 AM »
Hope you  settled in to the US well Brit...was it scary making such a move?

Thanks for the vote of conifdence  :)

THE BRIT

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »
Yes it was but I didn't want to regret not taking such an opportunity

WildThing

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 03:27:03 PM »
Did you make the move alone?

Gayle

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 04:18:17 PM »
Good job! Again... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

THE BRIT

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 04:31:40 PM »
I got linked up with an agency and they sent 4 of us over together, but we didn't know each other.

Crymeariver

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 06:44:08 PM »
Good for you WildThing.  It sounds like a fabulous trip.

ashewoman

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 11:34:08 PM »
You can do it!  Just try to remember if everything doesn't go as planned that it'll still be okay.  That's what I learned from the movie night.  It's all okay as long as I'm okay with it.  LOL  And it's okay to leave early if you decide to.  You aren't trapped.  One of the best things I can do to reduce my stress about these outings is to have an escape route planned.  I can go picnic with my family, but I need to bring my own car.  I can go to dinner and a movie but I don't have to stay for the whole thing.  And it's not a waste of time to go if I do need to leave.  For years, I've allowed that to keep me prisoner.  The idea that if I didn't do the whole thing perfect I might as well not do it.  If you are only going for a weekend, you might be able to bring your own food and choose to eat what you brought or eat what's there, too.  I know having options really helps me with the PTSD.  I'm sure OCD is similar.  I am finding lately that the added pain of Sjogren's complicates my PTSD because hurting always increases stress... stress and tension increase pain, and they work like a cycle of doom against me.  So the best thing I can do is take it easy on myself when I don't meet up with the idea I had about success.  Good luck! :) GG