Author Topic: The heat is on . . . .  (Read 3981 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: The heat is on . . . .
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 10:37:53 PM »
We were out to some friends house at the lake today. We stayed 3 hours. I was suprised that it didn't feel as hot as it was. The problem was the wind was bad. White caps much of the time we were there and we sit close to the lake.

I had my sunglasses, my suntan lotion and my long sleeved lightweight mens
 shirt that I wear. I have learned to sit with my back to the lake cause the sun reflects off the water and makes my eyes bad. Also, even though I didn't have much direct sunlight on me I was just about nutz by the time we got home.

I get the burning feeling on the skin of my arms and it is kind of miserable. It is just something that happens when I get outside in the sun and get over heated. Makes me crazy.

I enjoyed it but was glad to get home. Going out tomorrow again with other people and will be glad if it is 78 like they weatherman has preidicted. Tomorrow we will grill the burgers and vegies on the grill, fruit salad, watermelon, beans. Heavens knows I don't need that much to eat. IRish

ashewoman

Re: The heat is on . . . .
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 01:48:25 AM »
I've had the air on during the day for a week now.  I just cannot stand being hot.  It hurts me to the bone.  Don't really understand that.  I moved to North Carolina from New Orleans last year and you'd think I'd be more comfortable.  I'm sure it's better, but it's still surprisingly hot.  However, it is dryer in this climate.  I use the humidifier during the day but at night with the windows open, its better without it.  Anyway, winter was just too mild this year and I think that is one reason it's so hot.  Does anyone know why hot weather makes your body ache so much?  GG