Author Topic: Why are my boobs growing?  (Read 47895 times)

Rebecca

Re: Why are my boobs growing?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 01:15:36 PM »
Oh and in case anyone is thinking:  Maybe she is pregnant! - I'm not.  I already thought of that one and double checked it.  TWICE just to be safe! hahaha.  And the increase in bra size and weight has been over a 6 month period....most of my weight gain has been in my boobs & butt! hahaha.

WildThing

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2012, 02:44:33 AM »
Oh and in case anyone is thinking:  Maybe she is pregnant! - I'm not.  I already thought of that one and double checked it.  TWICE just to be safe! hahaha.  And the increase in bra size and weight has been over a 6 month period....most of my weight gain has been in my boobs & butt! hahaha.

I'm not pregnant  ::)

vtmommy

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 09:59:54 AM »
I have to chime in on this one.  I really hope autoimmune stuff doesn't cause boobs to grow.  I'm already a DDD (since high school) and I think I'd fall over!  ;D

WildThing

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2012, 02:31:13 AM »
If SS is the cause I don't think yours would have been big since high school.  I was only an A cup in high school.  Mine grew in my 20s and then again now in my 30s.  I can handle it as long as they don't get any bigger than an E I think.  I'd look like one of those ridiculous silicone enhanced freaks if I went any bigger than that with my tiny frame.

THE BRIT

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2012, 11:38:57 AM »
  I was always one of the biggest girls at school and had trouble finding bras and clothes then.  In the last year or two I have gone up to 38G which is really uncomfortable.  If I lose weight my boobs tend to stay the same.  I agree it is very hard to find clothing.  I tend to wear big, baggy extra large tops, but am still very uncomfortable.  I am also perimenopausal so I am sure that is part of it, I hope it's not due to AI!  I even went to a plastic surgeon for a reduction, but he wouldn't do it as he said my skin was to pale and I didn't scar very well.  I am at the edge where everything is going south very fast so that makes it worse.  It is so hard doing yoga or some weight machines, they really weren't designed for women.

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2012, 12:39:07 PM »
Believe it or not there are some big busted women who come in for eye tests (visual fields/peripheral field test which we all have to get if we're on Plaquenil) and we have to test them "standing up" because the way the machine is made they cannot sit down with their head in the chin rest....there is no place for the boobs!!!  So they have to stand, hanging their boobs down while their head is in the chin rest taking the test.....this test can last 20-30 minutes per eye!!!!!!  God bless us big busted women!!!!
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

WildThing

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 01:23:13 PM »
Believe it or not there are some big busted women who come in for eye tests (visual fields/peripheral field test which we all have to get if we're on Plaquenil) and we have to test them "standing up" because the way the machine is made they cannot sit down with their head in the chin rest....there is no place for the boobs!!!  So they have to stand, hanging their boobs down while their head is in the chin rest taking the test.....this test can last 20-30 minutes per eye!!!!!!  God bless us big busted women!!!!

LOL I wonder why I have trouble putting my chin on the chin rest thing lol.  Thought I was just awkward and ungainly lol

gold55

• GoldenLoves
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 03:40:58 PM »
LOL WildThing!  It's the optical equipment manufacturers who have to figure out where we can comfortably lay our boobs during an exam!!!  All they would have to do is cut into the visual field box "lower" so, in essence one's boobs could be laying in the box while taking the test.  Hey, if a light flashes on one of your boobs, just press the button indicating that you saw it out of your peripheral field!!! 
Dx#1:  dx changed to Sicca Syndrome + UCTD (how wonderful)
Dx#2:  Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol
Meds:  my golden retrievers, my doodle, otc tylenol, ibuprofen, mobic, vitamins, omegas, oral pilocarpine, liguid chondroiten/glucosamine with

WildThing

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2012, 02:35:06 PM »
You should totally designed a new machine and get it patented  ;D

Aquarius

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2012, 10:42:16 PM »
Might you be on the Mirena IUD?   I have read that larger breasts are a common side effect

mshistory

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2012, 04:15:02 AM »
Oh, this is one symptom I would actually love to have - like someone else mentioned, the only reason I even wear a bra is to make it look like I actually have boobs!!

SLE and SjS with PN. ANA >1:1280 speckled,
SS-A >8.0, RF positive. Botox for migraines, Clonazepam, Zoloft, Imitrex for migraines, CellCept 1000 mg, Plaquenil 200 mg, Restasis, Zofran for nausea, Gabapentin, Evoxac and Norco for pain.

WildThing

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2012, 11:26:26 AM »
I'm not on any form of contraception although considering it.  Also just to make everybody happy I took a pregnancy test just now and it's negative.  A couple of ppl have suggested in here I'm pregnant.  It's official.  I'm not.  I didn't think I was but took one anyone to make the skeptics happy.

mshistory:  what about those 'add 2 sizes' bras?  they are prefect for petite ladies.  I tried one on for a laugh once and looked rediculous.  Like Dolly Partton only even worse. I've seen them sold really cheaply.  You tried that?

ashewoman

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2012, 12:27:04 PM »
Mine are killing me again.  Don't know why but they hurt just hanging out in my bra and I've been having to sleep in one or they bother me all night.  It seems to happen the same time as the worst swelling in my wrists, fingers and feet.  But I thought those were part of the RA and Fibro issues... last time I checked my boobage didn't have joints.  LOL  One of the completely non-related questions the Rhuematology doc asked was about hormonal fluxuations.  He wanted to know about my weird gyno history... maybe they are related but he wouldn't tell me how or why.  Curious.  GG

mshistory

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2012, 01:40:39 PM »
mshistory:  what about those 'add 2 sizes' bras?  they are prefect for petite ladies.  I tried one on for a laugh once and looked rediculous.  Like Dolly Partton only even worse. I've seen them sold really cheaply.  You tried that?

Ha! Funny you should mention that - I was at Target waiting for a Rx to get filled and saw one of those and bought it just to see if I like it; if I do, I may go back  ;)!
SLE and SjS with PN. ANA >1:1280 speckled,
SS-A >8.0, RF positive. Botox for migraines, Clonazepam, Zoloft, Imitrex for migraines, CellCept 1000 mg, Plaquenil 200 mg, Restasis, Zofran for nausea, Gabapentin, Evoxac and Norco for pain.

WildThing

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2012, 02:29:44 PM »
Mine are killing me again.  Don't know why but they hurt just hanging out in my bra and I've been having to sleep in one or they bother me all night.  It seems to happen the same time as the worst swelling in my wrists, fingers and feet.  But I thought those were part of the RA and Fibro issues... last time I checked my boobage didn't have joints.  LOL  One of the completely non-related questions the Rhuematology doc asked was about hormonal fluxuations.  He wanted to know about my weird gyno history... maybe they are related but he wouldn't tell me how or why.  Curious.  GG

I always sleep in a bra and have had painful breasts from time to time especilly during a period when I also find they become rock hard.  I've also had numerous lumps in both boobs cause = unkown.  Like you I've had the 'hormones' excuse but I think a lot of the time with things like this docs simply just haven't a clue what's wrong.  One thing I found that helped was cutting out dairy products.  Don't know if youv'e tried that?  There are a lot of artificial hormones in dairy products coz they feed the cows with them to make them produce more milk than is normal.