Author Topic: Venus is bowing out of the next big tennis match.  (Read 1378 times)

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Meld256

Re: Venus is bowing out of the next big tennis match.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 10:10:20 AM »
I hope Venus is doing well.  I think it's remarkable she was able to play recently, and play so well.   :)

WildThing

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 10:47:17 AM »
That is sad, but to be expected really.  Hope she is ok.

Crymeariver

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 02:28:58 PM »
I think she may just be using her spoons wisely.  It seems to be a bit insulting to the team that the media is focusing on Venus NOT being on the team as opposed to who is ON the team. 

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 11:44:58 AM »
I guess that this news doesn't surprise me. She has to learn that stress is hard on people with autoimmune diseases, and tennis is big time stress.

There is no way you can premedicate to prevent this type of stress on the body. I would not be surprised if she is almost unable to get out of bed. I bet her shoulders are really killing her also. The body can't take this type of stress normally without aches and pains. I can't imagine having sjogrens and doing this. I would think her eyes would bother her also even in spite of wearing good sunglasses. 

I wish her nothing but the best, but she seems to be learning her lessons a very hard way.Irish