Author Topic: Mystery UTI Issue  (Read 1638 times)

gmomjuju

Mystery UTI Issue
« on: April 16, 2012, 01:56:47 PM »

Well...I have been suffering since last Tuesday with the symptoms of UTI.  I started taking pyridium just 2 @ day.  Yesterday it got worse.  I have always had issues with symptoms in the past.  My new urologist did a cystoscopy last August and all seemed to be Ok.  She wanted me to use Estratest cream. My oncologist was not too thrilled about it as I was treated for breast cancer in 2003.  I used one of those UTI test strips this AM and it lit up like a Christmas tree.  I called the urology practice and went down to leave a specimen.  Before I left I typed up a letter to my urologist and told her that since I had seen her last that I had been diagnosed with Sjogrens and that I had my first prolia shot.  The side effects for the prolia injection show UTI's can be an issue.  She called me back and said that my urine looked rather clear but that they would send it to the lab anyway.  Then I went back to the office and picked up samples and a coupon for uribel. Just wondering if anyone has taken this before.  I have ordered D-Mannose online and am waiting for it to arrive.  Meanwhile, I am hoping that all of this discomfort vanishes with this script that is supposed to make your urine "smurf-blue-colored". 

Judy

Madison Granny

• Keep on fighting and stay strong!!!
Re: Mystery UTI Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 03:56:27 PM »
I'm do to take my third Prolia shot soon.  Since it suppress your immune system it can make any infection worse and more serious.  At least that's what I've been told and what I've read on the Prolia web site.  Hope it works as well for you as it has for me.  When I got my second bone scan last year my bone had actually improved a little.  I don't have symptoms of UTIs.  When I went to my Uro in February to have my interstim reprogrammed they said I had one.  No frequency or burning or stinging.  They did sent it for culture and gave me macrobid.  Boy did that do a number on my stomach.
Primary SJS, dRTA, Osteroporis, OAB, stage 3 kidney disease, hypothyroid and high blood pressure.  Medicine I take are plaquenil, bicarb, prolia, synthroid, toprol and amolipine, citracal and vitamin D.  I use Arex and Azasite and Prolia.  I also have Reynaud's and osteoarthris of the toes

Sleepy In Seattle

Re: Mystery UTI Issue
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 05:51:53 PM »
UTI's SUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!  :o  :-[

Sounds like at least you are on top of the docs about this. I am sure the discomfort will drive you to keep at it!

I find that "Cystex" (over the counter) works far better for me than anything prescription or any other OTC remedy. If I feel even a TWINGE down there, I take Cystex for 2 days and it almost always drives the irritation off. (But of course get a urine culture done - it's really important that your doc know about how often you're dealing with this). It won't CURE an infection - but it'll keep you from tearing your hair out while you wait to see your doc. Or at least it does that for me. Just make sure it doesn't interact badly with any other meds you are on (ask the pharmacist or go to Drugs.com or one of the other online med-interaction-checkers).

I hope you feel better soon....I know they are really, really miserable.
Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, APS
Fatigue, Brain Fog, Autoimmune Hearing Loss, joint/muscle pain, dry mouth, clots in retina, etc
GF, "semi-Paleo" diet, Supplements, Plaquenil 400mg/day, Aspirin 325mg/day (for APS), Methotrexate 7mg/2x per week, Prednisone 3.5mg/day