Author Topic: Any updates regarding Joe.  (Read 9289 times)

topping21

Any updates regarding Joe.
« on: April 11, 2012, 09:53:15 AM »
Hope he is getting better??  Joe has helped me alot and I miss all of his post....

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
Re: Any updates regarding Joe.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 10:30:39 AM »
I've sent a P.M. but don't know how else to get in touch. Hope he's better soon!
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 10:54:06 AM »
I have been moved to North ridge Masonic Home for rehab. A few weeks ago, my leg broke and I fell down a flight of stairs. Today is my first day back on the computer for a few minutes. I hit my head on the way down the stairs and have drastic changes in vision.

I spent about 2 weeks in North Memorial Trauma center. My blood sugars were crashed a number of times. Toward the end of the second week they started therapy. I have had diarrhea for almost two weeks. No idea why.

Left Femur was fractured. I have a rod from my knee to my hip. No energy or hunger yet. Where I am now I get OT once per day and Pt twice per day. Since I have no continence of bladder or bowel I wear a diaper that has to be changed a lot.

I think that if my PCP had done the test that I asked for several months ago, I may have side stepped this bump.   I am non-weight bearing for another 3 weeks. I can not go home until I am weight bearing.

I do not know when I will write again.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Gayle

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 10:56:30 AM »
HI JOE!!!!

So glad to hear from you! Please know you have a lot of prayers helping you to get through all this! Everyone is sending much love and many hugs!

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 11:07:47 AM »
So glad to hear from you, Joe! We sure did miss you!

Lots of ((((hugs)))) and positive thoughts your way!
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

stephL

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 11:12:08 AM »
Aww Joe, so sorry to hear about your fall. We've missed you! Take care and I sure hope you make a fast recovery!
"Unlike weakness, fatigue can be alleviated by periods of rest." -Wikipedia: Fatigue (medical)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 11:17:25 AM »
OMG JOE!

What a nightmare.

One that starts out terrible and goes downhill fast.

I hope things are looking like a road to recovery SOON.

The bowel and bladder thing sound like some nerve damage to your spine as well, sir.

But then I'm no doctor.

You are such a dignified man, this has to be very challenging for you, all around.

I gather that your leg actually broke and that's why you fell?

I know that often happens to hips, the hip fractures and then the fall occurs.

I didn't know about spontaneous breaks in the femur as well.

I hope they are controlling your pain as well as possible.

We are ALL SO GLAD to hear from you!   Even with such a terrible series of events.

PLEASE keep us posted.

Hoping there are very good tones for you.

Hugs

Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Esomeprazol

Sooki

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 11:19:48 AM »
Joe, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall and all your trials since then.  I hope you're in good hands and heal well.  You must be looking forward so much to being home again.

Thank you for taking the time to give us an update.  I know that must have been an effort.  You're in our thoughts.

68 yo, Sjogren's, Lupus, Hashimoto's, fatigue, MGUS, peripheral neuropathy, ocular rosacea
Plaquenil, CellCept, Synthroid, Atorvastatin, Xiidra, doxycycline, D3, biotin, B12, ALA, DHEA, Ubiquinol, CPAP, D-mannose, Paleo AIP, fish oil, Cliradex wipes

Jellyb

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 11:35:55 AM »
Oh Joe... :-(

I am sending positive energy your way. Heal fast

Crymeariver

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 11:43:41 AM »
So sorry to hear this.  I'm sure you are longing for the comforts of home. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

mebog

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »
OOOH Joe,  I don't post often but want you to knw you are on my Prayer list.
 Feel better son.      Mebog

4Kids

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 12:20:02 PM »
Hi Joe

I am so glad to hear from you but in agony hearing what you have been through. So, so very sorry. I wish you the quickest recovery possible and as much patience and fortitude as possible to be able to endure the many trials ahead.  You seem like such a force to be reckoned with that I am sure you will be on top of this challenge in no time.

Best wishes!!!!

Jackie
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

topping21

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 12:22:16 PM »
Welcome back Joe.

Glad to see you back.  Sorry to hear about your mishap and glad to hear things are looking better for you.  Good luck with Rehab and I hope you get better

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 02:49:15 PM »
Joe - sorry to hear of your mishap, and some other health challenges you are dealing with.  Sending you get well wishes and hoping you will have a speedy recovery.

Thinking of you and wishing you the best - take care,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

aussie mum

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 03:07:30 PM »
Joe,
You certainly have had a tough time. Glad to see that you are being well cared for.
Take care & get well soon.
Aussie Mum
Daughter - SJS, Lupus, Underactive Thyroid, Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome & Insulin Resistance.

Me - Ankylosing Spondylitis, Total Thyroidectomy, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, High Blood Pressure, Hiatus Hernia, Dry Eyes & Mouth, Stomach Issues, Enbrel, Thyroxine, Atacand, Pariet, Krill Oil, Vit D