Author Topic: Anyone live in the Dallas area?  (Read 1022 times)

Madison Granny

• Keep on fighting and stay strong!!!
Anyone live in the Dallas area?
« on: April 04, 2012, 02:18:50 PM »
Have you seen the videos of the tornadoes that went through the Dallas area yesterday?  I use to live in the Arlington area about 30 years ago.  My husband transports the new cars from the GM plants so we moved up to Oklahoma when they opened their plant here.  As far as I can tell they didn't hit where we lived while there.  Did you see the video of the truck trailer flying through the air?  They looked just like toys.  That wind must have been something .  The Oklahoma GM plant was hit by one in 2003 and my husband's terminal was across the street from the plant.  I pulled several trucks into a ravine and the truck caught a fire. My husband had came in before the tornado and shopped his truck but it still broke out all the windows in the new cars.  Fortunally he was at home when all this happened.
Primary SJS, dRTA, Osteroporis, OAB, stage 3 kidney disease, hypothyroid and high blood pressure.  Medicine I take are plaquenil, bicarb, prolia, synthroid, toprol and amolipine, citracal and vitamin D.  I use Arex and Azasite and Prolia.  I also have Reynaud's and osteoarthris of the toes

MarkP_1972

Re: Anyone live in the Dallas area?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 02:36:16 PM »
I live 50 miles west of Ft Worth, which is 60 or 70 miles west of Dallas. These storms which were tornadic yesterday popped up right over us and moved eastward. My wife actually was driving to work to Weatherford, TX(Parker county) while there was a tornado warning for Parker county. We reside in Mineral Wells (Palo Pinto county) all we had were high winds, small hail and T-Storm Warning. My cousin lives in Lewisville and he said where he was he was ok. There were 2 tornadic storms at the same time in the Metroplex...one that started in SW Ft Worth and moved NNE up through Arlington,etc. The other formed SE of Dallas around Mesquite,TX and moved NNE from there.. these storms had 'skipping' tornadoes or in other words tornadoes that kept dropping and going back up and dropping again. Yes! I was watching that stuff LIVE on TV...it was crazy!

Madison Granny

• Keep on fighting and stay strong!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 03:43:34 PM »
My husband still has relatives that live down there.  His nephew and ex sister in law live in Mesquite but we call them and they are both OK.  He has 2 nieces in the area too.  But they were not in the path of them.
Primary SJS, dRTA, Osteroporis, OAB, stage 3 kidney disease, hypothyroid and high blood pressure.  Medicine I take are plaquenil, bicarb, prolia, synthroid, toprol and amolipine, citracal and vitamin D.  I use Arex and Azasite and Prolia.  I also have Reynaud's and osteoarthris of the toes

MarkP_1972

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 03:50:55 PM »
I haven't heard of any 'deaths' from these storms on the local news, but they were talking about like 7 people injured I think. I am sure there were more than 7 people injured though...but, who knows.

Thank goodness all of my and your family members are alright!