Author Topic: Venus Williams WINS!  (Read 1983 times)

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
Venus Williams WINS!
« on: March 27, 2012, 10:02:31 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/22/venus-williams-match-key-biscayne-sjogrens_n_1372353.html

How did I miss this???  Thank you, Dragonfly, for having this article on your blog!  :D
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

WildThing

Re: Venus Williams WINS!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 11:13:09 AM »
That is great news

gardenlover

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 02:28:59 PM »
Anyone know what she is doing for treatment?

engy

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 03:09:25 AM »
I appreciate her comment too, " I feel like a person who has an autoimmune disease".

It's different for all of us with AI & depends on the day, hour, etc. but we don't feel like everyone else.

Great job Venus!
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

MissyLouWho?

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:22:03 AM »
I read the comments and one person is horribly vicious.  Said that she is probably lying about having Sjogren's and is questioning her treatment, implying she's on street drugs.  Even said her dr. is a quack for diagnosing her with it.  According to that person, she can't get better (enough to play like her old self) and it's all a lie.  Made me so mad  >:( >:( >:(

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 10:49:14 AM »
Yikes!  I guess none of us is above being treated like a hypochondriac for having Sjogren's and not looking sick.

It takes all kinds to make the world, I guess. Sad.
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

WildThing

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 04:32:01 AM »
I read the comments and one person is horribly vicious.  Said that she is probably lying about having Sjogren's and is questioning her treatment, implying she's on street drugs.  Even said her dr. is a quack for diagnosing her with it.  According to that person, she can't get better (enough to play like her old self) and it's all a lie.  Made me so mad  >:( >:( >:(

That's nasty.  People can be so horrible.  I mean anyway there are different levels of SS some are effected mildly and some are effected badly, like every disease.  Doesn't mean she hasn't got it.  No-one can make a diagnosis just by looking at her and judging on her appearance.  That has happened to me so I can relate.  I used to look as healthy as her once, not any more.  Maybe she'll end up on this board in a few years!

LizPetillo

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 05:26:51 AM »
I read the comments and one person is horribly vicious.  Said that she is probably lying about having Sjogren's and is questioning her treatment, implying she's on street drugs.
I had some supposedly good friends say that I was 'exaggerating' the situation with Sjogrens.   >:(  Even after I explained the disease to them.  I haven't spoken to them now in two years.  I forgive them of course .. but I cant' be around that kind of crap ...

smallfry

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 10:41:52 PM »
For someone that is under so much pressure with her Sjogrens that was a huge effort

well done Venus.