Author Topic: What do you guys think of age gaps in (romantic) relationships?  (Read 3226 times)

WildThing

Though it might be an interesting topic to bring up.  Specifically what do you think of a woman being older?

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: What do you guys think of age gaps in (romantic) relationships?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »
As I have read, it can be fun for both.
Do we now call you Cougar? Which is still a Wild thing.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

MissyLouWho?

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 07:02:49 PM »
I think if you get along and laugh and have a lot in common, age doesn't matter.  When I was working a few months ago, we were all sitting in the lounge during lunch talking.  I'm 35 and there was a man about 60ish teasing one of our newer guys, who was 18.  Just turned 18.  For some reason he made mention of his age, and how his mom was just a little older than me  :o.  I was like "WAIT...you could be my SON???...and last year you carried a back pack to school???"  We all just sat there silent.  Age was never something we thought of when we all hung out at work.  We just all got along and had a great time with each other.  Realizing our age differences was like ice water in my face!  This of course was a friend relationship, but it's the same premise.  If you get along, it shouldn't matter.

And my husband is almost 6 years older than me.  It has never bothered us at all.  The only thing is I'm ALWAYS the youngest whenever we go out with friends, and I look younger than I am, so it's even worse.  My husband frequently gets asked if I am his wife, girlfriend or daughter... ::)  Thaaaaaat's awkward.

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 06:11:41 AM »
One of the two guys I work for is 26 years younger than I am and the other is 16 years younger. It's weird.

My husband is 9 years older than I am, but my step-dad was 10 years younger than my mother!  So my step-dad and my husband were only three years apart in age.
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

WildThing

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 02:10:51 PM »
When  I was in my 20s I used to get chatted up by teenagers...not kidding .  I always looked so young for my age.  Once when I was at a friends engagement party I got talking to a young boy ( he approached me) and thought he was just being friendly so I went along with it and then as I left he asked my friend if I would go out with him.  He was 14.  Up until I was in my late 20s I got wolf whistles off young teenage boys, not that  I did anything about it of course but now at nearly 36 I am hoping (if I can mange to look less ill and colour my hair) that I can get away with looking younger again  as the man I love is a lot younger than me and no Joe I am not a cougar  >:(

Madison Granny

• Keep on fighting and stay strong!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 02:28:46 PM »
I don't think age really matters  My husbands is 7 1/2 older than I am.  We get along fine.  Before I met my husband I dated a guy who was younger than I was.  I think if you have common interest and goals why not.  The only thing I hate to see is younger men dating much, much older women for their money only.
Primary SJS, dRTA, Osteroporis, OAB, stage 3 kidney disease, hypothyroid and high blood pressure.  Medicine I take are plaquenil, bicarb, prolia, synthroid, toprol and amolipine, citracal and vitamin D.  I use Arex and Azasite and Prolia.  I also have Reynaud's and osteoarthris of the toes

WildThing

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 03:00:43 PM »
Well he's the one with money not me lol.  I don't care abot money though it's just him I want .

MissyLouWho?

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 03:03:23 PM »
I say go for him!

WildThing

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 04:39:23 PM »
I fully intend to I'm just a little concerned with what people will say.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 06:06:24 PM »
My mother was 7 years older than my father.

After she was a widow for 25 years, she remarried a man 13 years younger than she.

Age isn't the issue.

Not entirely.

Hugs

Elaine

I was never attracted to older men.   But after almost 50 years of marriage (in July) I'm MARRIED to one.

How DID that happen?

8)

Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Esomeprazol

WildThing

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 08:33:54 PM »
LOL that made me laugh Carolina.

Now you see 7 years difference...I wouldn't consider that an age gap at all.  I wouldn't consider anything under 10 years difference much of a gap at all.  The gap between myself and this young man is much bigger!

What I don't get though is why it usually seems that it's ok for an older man to go out with  younger woman but not the other way around.  Society's rules suck.    Funny thing is when I was a teenager and in my 20s all the boys who fancied me were younger than I was.  The ones I fancied were older than me but they tended not to fancy me back.  There were one or maybe two exceptions to this rule but all in all generally I seemed to attract the younger variety.  Also I tended to find the younger they were the more keen they were on commitment. I have two male friends roughly my own age both of whom are single and both of whom have offered to sleep wtih me no strings attached...as in they just want me for one thing no relationship, no c word.  I wasn't offended I men they are nice guys and they are good friends but they seem incapable of taking it beyond that.  Also statisically if a woman is over a certain age say 35+ she will end up with a much younger man simply because all the older ones are either take or gay.  Or , as in my case, scared of the c word. That is a fact.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 08:39:41 PM »
Both my sons are married to women who are older.

One by 3 years, one by 2.5 years.

Women live longer than men.

Choose the youngest man you can.

:-)

Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Esomeprazol

WildThing

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 12:25:46 AM »
Oh you are giving me a laugh.  ;D

You know what they say...you're only as old as the man you feel.