Author Topic: Ladies: hormone problems, heavy periods  (Read 5125 times)

Crymeariver

Re: Ladies: hormone problems, heavy periods
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 11:04:27 PM »
Proving there is a commercial for absolutely, freaking everything,,, an Is your period too heavy? ad for the Novosure implant.  So there you go, it is a thing.  Maybe ask your doc about it.

4Kids

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 08:28:29 AM »
I have PCOS too and it never showed up in my bloodwork until I got quite sick.

Heavy periods, adult acne, weight around middle (tummy fat), cravings for sugar/carbs, hair where it doesn't belong (I had a few on my nipples, my Mom said everyone does... actually, not true lol!), early onset of menses, heavy and long periods, ie. longer than 5 days.

So I have had it my whole life, and I had no idea until I was rottenly ill.

I would look it up if I were you. You can somewhat control it with diet and exercise.  I am on Metformin now for it.
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

WildThing

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 10:28:42 AM »
I feel dreadful today, can't stay awake.  Phoned surgery ad they said to phone in the morning.  Wondering whether to go in as an urgent case now as I feel worse every day.  if they can sort the bloodwork out in the next few days I could be on medication in a couple of weeks.

Meld256

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 04:58:18 AM »
Wildthing,

Think any of your feeling awful is connected to your fall? Certainly hope not, but if you feel horrible, maybe a visit to an urgent care doc/clinic, etc. would be a good idea today.

Keep us posted, ok?  And take care of yourself.  ;)
Melinda 

WildThing

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 03:04:09 PM »
Tried to get my backside out of bes this morning to phone the surgery but couldn't do it as was awake all night again.  I'm feeling dreadful because I am so tired all the time.  If I can just phone up tomorrow morning to make an appointment.  I'd rather see the doc I've been seeing recently I think as I need to check something with one of my meds and she knows my history then I'll just say oh by the way I think I'm anemic. Do you think it would be cheeky for me to ask her to test my hormones also?