Author Topic: Would it be weird if I went back to my old school for a visit?  (Read 5183 times)

WildThing

Just wanted your opinion guys...been having a lot of memories, some very painful coming back to me lately and I think in order to put them to rest it might be a good idea to go back to my old high school for a visit.  Do you think that would be ok if I emailed the headmaster and explained I am an ex pupil?  I might be moving far away soon so don't know when I'll get the chance to do it next.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: Would it be weird if I went back to my old school for a visit?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 07:50:47 AM »
Hi  :)

If you think it would help - then go for it!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 07:54:03 AM »
I once stopped by my old grade school to visit a teacher or two. I didn't call first, just stopped at the office first to check in, and gave specific classroooms and teachers I wanted to visit.

This was back in the 70s, though, before everybody in schools was (with good reason!) scared of everything.

You might call your headmaster and see what the protocol is now. If there are some teachers you'd like to re-connect with, maybe you could message them on Facebook and ask them if they're available on a certain day.
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

lighthouse33

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 08:40:07 AM »
Some of my friends and I tried to visit my high school several years after we graduated in 1981.  The school wouldn't let us in.  They cited security reasons - I guess they couldn't have ex students roaming the halls. 
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

WildThing

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 10:02:25 AM »
Well as far as I know that school doesn't have security but I would call or email the headmaster beforehand to see what he has to say about it I wouldn't just turn up.

eye2dry

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 04:00:17 PM »
If you think it may help you..I would go if possible. Especially if your moving away and the opportunity will be lost.

I drive by my old schools often since I live in my hometown area, run into old classmates frequently. My old history teacher works at Sears and I see him often too.

good luck and hope your trip to your old school helps put things "to rest".

eye2dry

WildThing

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »
Thanks guys, I think I'll probably see if I can go when I'm feeling ready.