Author Topic: Anyody know of an animal friendly henna hair dye?  (Read 1485 times)

WildThing

Anyody know of an animal friendly henna hair dye?
« on: February 29, 2012, 01:34:49 PM »
Preferably one that can be purchased in the UK that covers grey.  My hair is coming out so don't want to use a regular dye on it.

slccom

Re: Anyody know of an animal friendly henna hair dye?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:15:47 PM »
I couldn't help it. What animal do you have in mind to dye, and can I watch?
Hugs, Sharon

WildThing

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »
I wondered when somebody was going to bite   ::)

And by biting I don't mean the animals

MissyLouWho?

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 03:44:54 PM »
My kids use an animal friendly vegan dye called manic panic.  It comes in freaky colors like vampire red, cotton candy pink, purple, blue and green, but also white, black and yellow.  If you blend some together, you can probably get regular shades like brown or auburn.  The dye doesn't ruin your hair, it just lays on top of the hair shaft so you can dye it again and again as often as you want without damage.  It is semi permanent, so it will have to be done often, like every month.  You also should go darker than what you want to cover or it won't show up (pink won't show on brown hair, not that you were going for pink, lol).

You can order it online (I think it's $10 a 4 oz jar of cream dye) if you can't find it in a store, and since it doesn't contain peroxide, you don't have to throw out the jar after opening.  As a matter of fact, I just dyed all three of my kids' hair in streaks of the manic panic ultra violet this morning  8)

And it IS animal friendly if you wanna dye your dog, lol  :P :o

WildThing

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 07:16:59 PM »
Well I might go for the pink lol. Who says I can't go for the pink?!  Dye my dog to match lol.

But seriously, thanks for that I'll look it up.  All I want to do is cover the grey really, nothing fancy as long as it looks natural.  Will look Manic Panic up and if it all goes wrong it's your fault lol.