Author Topic: What do you crave?  (Read 4871 times)

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
What do you crave?
« on: February 15, 2012, 12:25:12 PM »
I'm in a flare right now, and for some reason, when I'm flaring, I crave cheeseburgers. Thick, handmade, pan-fried , medium-rare. With a melted slice of American cheese. No bread, no catsup or pickle, just lots of salt.

My husband laughs and cooks these for me. I can't stand to touch raw meat.  :P  :o

What do you crave?
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

MissyLouWho?

Re: What do you crave?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 12:36:24 PM »
Philadelphia soft pretzels with lots of salt.  Either warm and covered in butter so the butter gets all melty or deep fried and covered in sugar.  Remind me of this next time I complain I'm gaining weight  :P

hootyhu1

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 05:12:44 PM »
too funny! I never thought of craving things during a flare. However since I am pregnant I do have cravings......for a bit it was dill pickles and then for a few weeks it was grapefruit juice......being gestational diabetic juice not good!!!!

A cheeseburger or a soft pretzel sound really good right now.....maybe I should call hubby on his way home :)

eye2dry

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 05:19:03 PM »
Starbucks   Latte Grande.

eye2dry

Carebear

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 05:24:12 PM »
Anything sweet. ::)  The sweeter, the better.  I suspect it's this because it will give me a temporary boost of energy.  And a bigger behind.  :-[
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

engy

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 05:59:27 PM »
SALT.

I suspect because of my low BP.

Hope your flare ends soon! Carie
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »
Hi

I never thought of flares and cravings going together but when my thyroid went wrong - I craved Brazil nuts. They are apparently rich in selenium which helps convert T4 to T3. I stopped craving the nuts when I started on a selenium supplement.

Round about the same time I also craved tonic water. That craving disappeared when I started on Plaquenil. (Hydroxychloroquine)

Hope you stop flaring soon. Meanwhile - enjoy the cheeseburgers!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

eyeamdry

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 07:38:04 PM »
string cheese

Patze

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 08:12:23 PM »
I've got a dual craving thing going on....  I want sweets and salt so bad!!!  Whew, if I could only get a super salty double sweetened candy bar I would be good to go! ;) :D

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 05:49:29 AM »
I had my juicy cheeseburger last night and I'm feeling better already!   :D  I wonder if it's the amount of salt I put on it? Or the fact that I didn't cook it myself!   8)

Patze, have you tried a PayDay bar? It's sweet and salty at once. Delish!
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Iris

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 08:00:36 AM »
salt.. my sister is always telling me i'm going to kill myself eating so much salt.. But I love anything salty.. Especially potato chips and onion dip.. I think it's time to send hubby to the store..  ;D

PayDay's are great.. You should try one Patze..
Sjogren's Syndrome, fibromyalgia, essential tremor, RLS, degenerative disc disease, gastritis, Ischemic colitis, heart disease.
Lisinopril, Pantoprazole, Ranitidine, Plavix, Diltiazem, Simvastatin, Magnesium, Aspirin, pain meds, serum tears, fish oil

Madison Granny

• Keep on fighting and stay strong!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 08:04:41 AM »
I could go for a big bag of barbecue potato chips.  Guy's has some that a just heaven to me.  The called Crunchers and was baked in peanut oil.
Primary SJS, dRTA, Osteroporis, OAB, stage 3 kidney disease, hypothyroid and high blood pressure.  Medicine I take are plaquenil, bicarb, prolia, synthroid, toprol and amolipine, citracal and vitamin D.  I use Arex and Azasite and Prolia.  I also have Reynaud's and osteoarthris of the toes

valene2009

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 08:11:46 AM »
paydays are sooo good.. sweet and salty!! yum... snickers are kinda sweet and salty too.yum

P.Trish

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »
Oh my, now I am craving cheeseburgers and Paydays! Yep, I'm going to get some! Also, there is a bakery nearby (too near) that makes the world's best cream puffs.  OK, I am supposed to be gluten-free, so no cream puffs...for now ;)
female dx'd Jan 2012, English/Drama Teacher: retired, plaquenil 400mg, aspirin 80 mg, Lisinipril 20mg,  fish oil, multi vitamins, methyl pred  pack (every 2 months) evoxac, d-mannose, biotin, gluten free
. Stroke survivor  'Have a heart that never hardens and a touch that never hurts" (Dickens)

Patze

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 09:45:20 PM »
With my teeth right now I can't afford to eat a Payday, but I'm just about pouring salt or sugar onto everything!  Sure can't wait until this too passes! ::)

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen