Author Topic: What are you watching on T.V. these days?  (Read 4195 times)

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
What are you watching on T.V. these days?
« on: February 08, 2012, 10:37:54 AM »
My favorite show right now is "Modern Family."  I also love "Bones" and "Glee."

Reruns of M*A*S*H and Monk are also always welcome.

And of course what we on this side of the pond call Brit-coms --- "Keeping Up Appearances," "The Vicar of Dibley," "Are You Being Served" (the original one) and "The Young Ones."  I have the "Monty Python's Flying Circus" boxed set and would love to see the original BBC productin of "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" again.

Anybody watching The Voice on NBC?
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

topping21

Re: What are you watching on T.V. these days?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 11:02:29 AM »
Love "The Voice"    NCIS, NCIS LA, Big Bang Theory are my favs. When there is nothing else on American Idol

Jellyb

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 11:21:34 AM »
Modern family, Once upon a time, Grimm and Big bang.

Fun thread:-)

Madison Granny

• Keep on fighting and stay strong!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 01:12:24 PM »
I watch Hawaii 5-0 and both the NCISs.  I also watch Criminal Minds once in awhile.
Primary SJS, dRTA, Osteroporis, OAB, stage 3 kidney disease, hypothyroid and high blood pressure.  Medicine I take are plaquenil, bicarb, prolia, synthroid, toprol and amolipine, citracal and vitamin D.  I use Arex and Azasite and Prolia.  I also have Reynaud's and osteoarthris of the toes

meow

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 01:15:56 PM »
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, King of Queens reruns, History and Discovery Channel stuff like The Universe.
I refuse to tiptoe quietly through life, only to arrive safely at death's door.

Sjogrens, Hashimotos, CFS.  Also, fast approaching CRS Syndrome ;)

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 06:42:39 PM »
Whitney, Are you there Chelsea, 2 broke girls, Mike and Molly, Five-0, NCIS2, Mentalist, Grimm, Lost girl, Leverage, Closer, Royal Pains, White Collar, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Switched at birth, Jane by design, Face Off, Franklin & Bash, Merlin, Sanctuary, Psych, Rizzoli & Isles, Extreme Home Makeover, Hot in Cleveland, Unforgettable, Ellen, Two and a Half Men, Hometime, Blue Bloods, Person of interest, The Big Bang, and DVD movies help me to feel connected with the rest of humanity.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Patze

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 08:15:47 PM »
I mainly turn on the TV for the noise factor (usually news, and when I do sit down to watch it, I'm like Joe, got to go with DVDs (have minimum cable reception).

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Sooki

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 09:14:57 PM »
Downton Abbey.   Also Big Bang Theory.  Lots of DVDs.
68 yo, Sjogren's, Lupus, Hashimoto's, fatigue, MGUS, peripheral neuropathy, ocular rosacea
Plaquenil, CellCept, Synthroid, Atorvastatin, Xiidra, doxycycline, D3, biotin, B12, ALA, DHEA, Ubiquinol, CPAP, D-mannose, Paleo AIP, fish oil, Cliradex wipes

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 10:49:59 PM »
I have a developmental disability when it comes to TV. I love TV but I am not very fond of a lot of the newer shows. Soooo, I tend to watch House Hunters and House Hunters International which I love. I like to look at other people's houses.

I also like the crime channels and watch Snapped, The First 48hours or whatever it is called. Also, the new crime channel that has unbelievable shows all day long on the weekends. Also, I love Everybody Loves Raymond".

I also watch a lot of the cable news shows, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, etc. I love "Flying Wild Alaska". Not fast paced, but the scenery is gorgeous. Irish ;D

We had just an antenna for many years and then went to Direct TV for 9 years and then had Dish for about 4 years. We have had the good fortune to have fiberoptic cable put in right past our house. We live in the country and there has been a push to install fiberoptic in the country all over the USA. It is in a small area North, South, East but not far West of us. I am really happy with it.

We didn't get it at first as it was spendy but then they offered a special for the TV, phone and computer and we couldn't pass it up. The priced was about 20 $ less than we had been paying for phone, dial up internet and TV plus we got price locked in for 5 years.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:37:15 PM by irish »

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 07:09:46 AM »
I don't believe in paying to watch T.V. and we only have whatever comes in on the antenna. 

But! When I go on business trips and get to stay in a hotel where there's cable, I really enjoy Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe.
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 08:08:24 AM »
Since every thing changed to HDTV we have not been able to receive TV over the air. I am trying to decide if we should have a special device to down load video over the internet. It would be nice to eliminate the satellite bill.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

eye2dry

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 06:30:35 PM »
Antique Roadshow, house Hunters, keeping up appearances

This Old House, Hoarders, Pawn Stars, Cajun Pawn Stars

most things on: NatGeo, History, Biography, home and Garden

we have to have satellite out here in the country...no cable available here. using just an antennae won't work here either.

eye2dry

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 02:52:18 AM »
My husband and I just got thru watching the whole season of "Lost".
We were so hooked it was an obsession. We watched it thru netflex.
Our daughters and SIL kept telling us we needed to watch it. So we did and we loved it.
I like "Modern Family", another suggestion our kids talked us into.
American Idol and dancing with the stars.
I DVR Everything and watch at my convienence. Like Pierce Morgan, Ellen Degeneres, also.
Another thing our kids taught us, is to hook up thru a PS3 player, which enables watching netflex programming on TV. Our kids keep us up on all the culture stuff like that.
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

Duchess

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 05:39:40 PM »
I enjoy watching reruns of programs from every decade. When the "Sing Off" is on, I enjoy that.

Like watching public television, the doctors, Dr. Oz, Jeopardy and Family Feud.

Duchess
58 y/o, Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, Mitral Valve Repair, Asthma, Myofascial Pain. Plaquenil, Inhalers, Ibuprofen,Exovac, Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, Omega 3, Eye Drops, Quinipril, Massage therapy.

Carebear

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 06:09:35 PM »
I am a True Crime junkie.   ::)  And I love documentaries of any kind.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.