Author Topic: Just one of those days I guess.  (Read 2165 times)

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
Just one of those days I guess.
« on: January 06, 2012, 10:00:34 AM »
There's nothing really wrong today. I feel pretty OK, I'm at work. Saw a bad wreck on the interstate on my way in, though. It was stressful driving in all the traffic but I wasn't late in getting here.

I made a couple of stupid mistakes over the past few days that have come to light this morning so I'm feeling kind of dumb, especially since I have to "fess up" when I goof up.

I'm not feeling any more nauseated than usual, and my muscles aren't any more tender or weaker than usual. I don't even have a headache or much of an earache today.

But I just feel like putting my face in my hands and crying.

Every now and then a wave of sadness comes over me and I tear up. And -- this is the worst part -- my nose and face get all red. (I'm not a pretty cryer like some women are.)

I guess it's just one of those days.

Thanks for letting me express myself. I don't like to talk to the folks I work with when I'm down because I don't ever want them to see me as less than capable. It's a jungle out there, you know?
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Just one of those days I guess.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 11:09:44 AM »
When you are having a day like today remember... Just be kind to yourself today.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

engy

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 01:53:46 PM »
Sorry A66eyroad, I get that way too.

I like what Joe said, be kind to yourself.

It's especially hard to get through work on those days so I hope you are on your way home to relax with a tub or M*A*S*H rerun!

Carie
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

Jorja

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 04:35:28 PM »
Bless your heart!  I wish I knew how to make you feel better. Those 'weepy' days are just no fun.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings,
Jorja

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 04:35:51 PM »
I was trying to remind her of her signature.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Meld256

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 10:17:32 AM »
A66ey,

I think we all have a wave of sadness come over us sometimes. I'm not a "pretty crier" either.  :P I wish I could give you a big hug today!

I just realized I'm a day behind. Well, I hope your weekend is going much better and you're feeling more upbeat today.  Sending postive thoughts!  ;)

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 07:38:37 AM »
Joe, I laughed out loud when I read your reply  ;) and you helped me have a kindler, gentler day.  :D

Confused, thanks for understanding. That's EXACTLY what was going on! It's great to be heard by a good friend, thank you.

engy, I only have computer access at work, and when you wrote your reply that's exactly where I was headed! I love me some Hawkeye!   :D

Jorja I thank you for your kindness and positive thoughts.

Meld, I'm doing much better this morning. I know most people love Fridays, but I find them exhausting. Today is Monday and it's a whole new week! I feel much more optimistic and upbeat today.

Thanks, everyone else who thought of me, for your kindheartedness and sympathy. I love this forum!  ;D
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Meld256

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 07:44:09 AM »
I'm so glad today is a better day!!  8)

engy

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 02:32:51 PM »
I'm so glad today is better!

My worst work days are Tuesdays & Thursdays. I feel more exhausted & achy on those days?!

Hope this week is good to you! Carie
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 10:04:05 PM »
I'm sorry that you have been having such a bad day. I remember those days. It is so hard to just keep working and acting like everything is ok. Yes, it is a jungle out there for sure.

No one knows what it is like unless they have experienced it. We don't look sick and we feel like we are going to die on our feet some days.

I understand the tears getting "so close" and it is hard to keep a lid on our emotions at times.

Like Joe said, "Be kind to yourself". You deserve to be kind to yourself cause you are trying to keep everything "normal" and "normal" it is not.

Sit down, have a hot cup of coffee or tea and breath slow and easy. Irish ;D

Meld256

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 09:19:18 AM »
Doing ok today, A66ey?  ;)  Hang in there!