Author Topic: How old is too old to wear a mini skirt  (Read 5898 times)

WildThing

How old is too old to wear a mini skirt
« on: January 03, 2012, 11:49:26 AM »
Was out shopping with a male friend today and he keeps insiting I should treat myself to a mini skirt but my argument is I haven't got the legs and I'm too old.  I'm 35.  He says I look 23 and that I do have the legs.  Just wondered if anyone here thinks 35 is too old to wear a mini...providing you don't look your age.

Madison Granny

• Keep on fighting and stay strong!!!
Re: How old is too old to wear a mini skirt
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 12:02:09 PM »
I don't think 35 is too old to wear a mini skirt if you have a good figure and good legs.  Don't wear one at any age if you have a figure like short and plump.
Primary SJS, dRTA, Osteroporis, OAB, stage 3 kidney disease, hypothyroid and high blood pressure.  Medicine I take are plaquenil, bicarb, prolia, synthroid, toprol and amolipine, citracal and vitamin D.  I use Arex and Azasite and Prolia.  I also have Reynaud's and osteoarthris of the toes

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 12:02:35 PM »
I can not imagine wearing one in this weather at any age.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 12:12:24 PM »
Joe, I can't see you wearing one in any weather.   :o  8)
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 12:24:26 PM »
RFOL!
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

WildThing

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 12:52:41 PM »
LOL Joe I wouldn't wear one in this weather, brrrr but wouldn't mind doing so when it warms up.  Madison:  thanks for teh vote of confidence.  I do have very long, slim legs so maybe I could get away with it.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 01:18:22 PM »
Wear what makes you happy.

That is the key.

Keep us posted, wild thing!

Hugs

Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Esomeprazol

angielyn

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 01:45:54 PM »
Only thing that drives me crazy is when you see girls with their g-strings hanging out their pants lol SOOOO no matter how tall, short, skinny or chubby or if you have the right legs or not. NOTHING can be as bad as the g-string look  ;D

smallfry

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 02:04:57 PM »
WildThing

Sadly I can't :'( While you can, I say go for it.

Joe the mental image i get of you is not good.

Cheryl

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 10:08:18 PM »
Well, now that I have the guts to wear a miniskirt I don't have the body. Darn. Life isn't fair. Irish ;D

WildThing

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 10:27:33 AM »
Well I might give it a go and see what happens lol.  I know what you mean about the g string angie.  It really is tacky and awful.

paperdoll

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 05:28:40 PM »
Was out shopping with a male friend today and he keeps insiting I should treat myself to a mini skirt but my argument is I haven't got the legs and I'm too old.  I'm 35.  He says I look 23 and that I do have the legs.  Just wondered if anyone here thinks 35 is too old to wear a mini...providing you don't look your age.

I think there are kinds of mini-skirts that you could wear.  Tom Hanks' wife was on tv last year ? showing how to dress sassy over 30!  http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Rita-Wilsons-Makeovers/10 I think it has good inspiration.  Find an actress you really admire and look at her for fashion advice.  Maybe get a skirt that isn't mini but has a sassy slit so when you sit and cross your legs there is some knee?  Try a bunch on I say!!!!!! Go for it :)

WildThing

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 05:06:22 AM »
Apparently a UK firm called Diet Chef conducted a survey recently and asked a bunch of people how old is too old to wear certain items of clothing.  The top age for mini skirts came out at 35!  However I've seen plenty of celebrities with killer legs that can carry off mini skirts well into their 40s!

Check this out:

http://main.stylelist.com/2011/05/13/too-old-miniskirt-video/

eyeamdry

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 01:07:09 AM »
Wild Thing, after reading and laughing all about the mini skirt and "he" wants you to wear them.  You might ask him how he thinks he'd look in a mini-skirt and if he'll wear one, you will too and you can freeze together. 

It always gets me when guys what their girl (friends) to wear skimpy, sexy, meaning chilly and freezing clothes.  If the girls are all for it ok, but usually people are more for comfort.  I think they have Spanks undershirts for men.  Maybe we can get a whole new idea going here.  LOL.  Think of some things that you might like to see him in (for fun).  I think this could be lots of fun.  Lucy

Sooki

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 08:52:52 AM »
OK, how many of us just googled Spanx t-shirts?!?  WildThing, I say if you like the way you look in it, go for it!  Enjoy feeling the way you look.  One of the only perks about getting older is caring less what others think of the way you look and act.  Enjoy those long legs of yours!
68 yo, Sjogren's, Lupus, Hashimoto's, fatigue, MGUS, peripheral neuropathy, ocular rosacea
Plaquenil, CellCept, Synthroid, Atorvastatin, Xiidra, doxycycline, D3, biotin, B12, ALA, DHEA, Ubiquinol, CPAP, D-mannose, Paleo AIP, fish oil, Cliradex wipes