Author Topic: Read any good books lately?  (Read 4755 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Read any good books lately?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 09:35:03 PM »
Just a question about books you read when you were quite young. Anyone here every read the Betsy-Tacy books by Maud Hart Lovelace??

Betsy and Tacy, Betsy, Tacy and Tib--these books take place in the early 1900's in the town of Mankato, MN only it is called Deep Valley. This is the town that is also talked about on Little House on the Prairie.

The books go on through school and up through college and Betsy's marriage. Also, there is another book she wrote called Emily of Deep Valley. I just love that book. I read all of the books many times and I still read them now periodically. They just published the first 4 books of the series again due to popular request. These books are great gifts for girls age 10 years and up.

I read all the time---every day. I do my Vest and nebulizer twice a day for 20 minutes each time and I have learned to read during this time in spite of my body shaking. I keep a pile of books close by so I always have one to start when I finish one.

I read the lawyers/murder/crime etc.,--the bookd similar in format to Jogn Grishams books. I buy them at garage sales and thrift shops. Also, my local libray always has a big table set up with books to buy that they are removing from their inventory. The paperbacks are 25 cents and the hard cover are 1-2 dollar. When I like a book really well I can't get rid of it. I have learned to put my initial on the inside of the front cover along with the date I read the book and a one word comment regarding quality of the book. SoSo means I won't read it again. Irish ;D

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
Re: Read any good books lately?
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 05:36:36 AM »
Oh, Irish, those books remind me of my favorite children's book series, Anne of Green Gables. I just love that Anne girl! She's definitely a kindred spirit!   :D
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.