Author Topic: House TV Show Called a Rare DX Sjogrens  (Read 3651 times)

12lovehim

House TV Show Called a Rare DX Sjogrens
« on: November 15, 2011, 07:37:09 AM »
Hi all, I think we are getting popular. When a patient on the Tv show House didn't respond to first DX, the team got excited and said Sjogrens!
 I am getting excited myself in the hopes that my Rheumy will not say sjogrens is only dry mouth and eyes!
Ok so thought it has been interesting since MS Williams was Dx that we are getting a voice.
Blessings all..

Duchess

Re: House TV Show Called a Rare DX Sjogrens
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:42:19 AM »
That's exciting when you hear it on a major T.V. show.

Spread the word!!!!!

Duchess
58 y/o, Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, Mitral Valve Repair, Asthma, Myofascial Pain. Plaquenil, Inhalers, Ibuprofen,Exovac, Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, Omega 3, Eye Drops, Quinipril, Massage therapy.

Meld256

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:43:38 AM »
That is interesting! Was that a recent episode?  Maybe I can find it online.   :D

olmphoto2

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 08:53:20 AM »
They have mentioned it a number of times before but there was a new episode last night where it was an intial diagnosis.
Mary Ann in Wisconsin

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push." 
          Ludwig Wittgenstein

YYC_ Mommy

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 09:56:21 AM »
My ears perked up last night when House said Sjogrens as well!! I have heard them mention Sjogrens on the show before but each time I hear it I still "perk" up and am more engaged.

I think the show uses it as most people have never heard of it so it seems like an obscure diagnosis, but each time they are bringing attention to Sjogrens so I hope they keep on sayin' it ;D

CAT1962

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 10:05:29 AM »
I will catch to look that one up online! They have had a couple of other ones, too. In one they actually used incorrect signs or something. It may have been the first House episode that "featured" SjS. It got some flack from us here...LOL

gurs

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 11:56:25 AM »
It was on last nights new House episode....they mentioned SS again..thank you lord!!! This shows often seems to mention Sjogrens, which does bring some awareness.

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

engy

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 02:31:31 PM »
I was just flipping through channels when they said sjogrens! It made me happy to know we are getting more recognition. I about freaked when blood started pooring out of his mouth & said is this normal? I was relieved when the doctor said no, it is not normal & it's not sjogrens!

Carie
DX:Sjogrens w/mild Lupus overlap,Hashi,Celiac,Raynauds,Sm.Fiber Neuropathy,POTS,Fibro.,CFS,OI & other dysautonomia.
No thyroid
Fish/Shellfish Allergy

RX:Plaquenil,Synthroid,LCarnitine,CoQ10,ALA,Dribose,Tumeric/Curcumin, Milk Thistle,AdreneVive,Fish Oil,Flaxseed Oil,Magnesium,B12 shots,vit D & C

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 04:01:04 PM »
House does mention the sjogrens a lot. It makes me wonder if someone on the staff has a family member with Sjogrens. It is good that they keep mentioning it. Hope they continue to do so cause everything bears repeating many times before it starts to make an impression. Irish ;D

jazzlover

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 04:24:32 PM »
They probably mention it because the general public has never heard of it. ... so it makes House sound really smart!!  :P
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

Pisces24

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 04:34:47 PM »
I do not often watch House but I saw the episode also.  At least it is getting the word out.

eyeamdry

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 09:29:31 PM »
I don't often watch House. Last year or before, we discussed a show he had on abouy SJS.  It was better than nothing, but there was sex, VD, and a whole bunch of other stuff.  It was hard to really get the word.  If this show was a little more simple and to the point, so much the better.  Shows with simple stories are getting hard to find.  Usually a show like that would have 4 car crashes, 5 drunk drivers......et ..ha.  Lucy

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 10:25:52 PM »
I missed that show. I hope also I can find it online, but I agree with you lucy.

susanep  :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 11:31:32 PM »
You can watch the show online - but, they don't post it until eight days after the air date.  (Unless you have a DISH Network subscriber account and code, then you can watch it prior.)

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)