Author Topic: Went to Regular Dr. Today  (Read 2469 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Went to Regular Dr. Today
« on: November 01, 2011, 05:54:20 PM »
I didn't know if I might have a kidney infection or not, because of all the different pains. Another reason was, because my hormones are messed up, and I keep bleeding off and on. I  also have thought and thought if I should take the flu shot.

I didn't take it last year, and was ok. I told myself even if I did get one, I sure wouldn't get one with the H1N1 in it.

Results of my visit today. I was given a prescription for an antibiotic for a kidney infection. They are going to make an appointment for me to see a gynecologist to find out why I am bleeding since I am 58. They gave me a flu shot, and it did have the H1N1 in it.  ::)

I had heard from my rhuemy right before this appointment, and he said to get it.

I am to go back soon, and get a pneumonia shot also.

I am ok I guess, but a bit nervous about the flu shot, and more nervous about my gyno appointment, because he will most likely do that sadistic endometrial biopsy, and the last time I had that done, it was torture. I told my self I would never have it done again.

Also, when I first went in, and they were taking my blood pressure and blood sugar, my blood sugar number was very low, so they took it again, and it kept dropping, and they made me eat some candy.

One blessing was they signed us up for cards that would help on our medication since our medical insurance is going to run out soon.

Well, it's been a long day, and especially with my husband losing his father.  :'(

Take care all
susanep  :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Went to Regular Dr. Today
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 09:15:39 PM »
Susan, My goodness, you did have a long day. My sympathy on the loss of your father in law. Life just keeps complicated doesn't it.

HOpe that you can get feeling better. You have had several kidney infections lately, haven't you??

Also, I had one of those biopsies also. I thought they called it a mini D&C in the office. It was not fun. Like they say, this will just hurt a little.I hope that you can get this problem settled once and for all.

Please rest and get better. Say, aren't you glad that you were able to quit teaching??? I don't know how you would have had the time and the energy to teach and be sick at the same time. Seems like you have been kept busy this year with ailments. I am sure glad that you can just lay on the couch whenever you want to.

Money is nice, but it is just no fun going to work sick every day and knowing that you have to do it again tomorrow. I did that for way too many years also. Just wait til it gets cold and snowy and you don't have to get up and go to work. Wow---that is wonderful!!! Irish ;D

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:37:39 AM »
Susan, lots of positive vibes heading your way. Wish I could be with you as you go through all this --- but give yourself a soft hug for me, and remember to be kind to yourself.

Keep us informed as to what's going on with the bleeding, etc.
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Still in the hunt

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 12:20:14 PM »
never ends does it

susanep

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 03:09:09 PM »
irish that was a sweet post from you. My husband is sitting close by, and I told him how sweet and caring you always are. We appreciate your thoughts concerning his dad's passing.  I want you to be well too. Yes those biopsies are like a mini d&c. The last doctor that did one on me said, it will  curl your toes for a few minutes. I would have like to have curled his toes.  ;D

A66eyroad thank you also for your thoughts of hugs, and well wishes. I will let you know how it goes after I get some things done. You take care also.  :)

Still in the hunt, no it never does end, well it will one day, but that is a whole new journey. A blessed one for all of us I hope, and no more pain.  :)

susanep  :)

Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 06:57:57 PM »
One blessing was they signed us up for cards that would help on our medication since our medical insurance is going to run out soon.

Well, it's been a long day, and especially with my husband losing his father.  :'(

((Susanep)) - you have a lot going on right now.   :(

The cards to help with medication sounds like a very good thing.  Hopefully, your doctors can give you "samples" too.

My sympathy to you and your husband on the loss of your FIL.  The next several days will be filled with lots of preparation and things to do.  Please also take time for yourself to get some rest when you can.  The stress from a visitation, funeral, etc. can use up a lot of your spoons.  If people offer help - please, take them up on their offer.

Hugs,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Carebear

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 08:26:13 PM »
Susan,

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your father-in-law.  My deepest sympathy to both you and your husband.

I too know about the gyno procedure you speak about.  I was luckier though.  I had a hysteroscopy and they just knocked me right out.  No curled toes, just a good sleep.  :D  I find out my test results tomorrow but as Irish says, I won't worry about anything until the doctor gives me something to worry about.  ;)

Perhaps you could avoid the sadistic torturous procedure and opt out for the "nap".

Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Tinker

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 09:44:30 PM »
Susan and Care Bear,
I refused to have it done.  Ha!  No way was I gonna lay there and let them do that.  So, I opted for a hysterectomy which wasn't that bad.  And now I have a pap every 3 yrs. and have only a slight risk of ovarian and no risk of cervical or uterine cancer. 

I'm sending my best wishes to everyone who is undergoing this procedure. 

Susan, so sorry about the loss of your FIL.  Mine passed in June and it was hard but we got through it.  Hugs to you and your husband.

susanep

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 11:23:01 PM »
Bucky, Carebear, and Tinker,
Thank you all for your comments and sympathy.  Your the best.

All of you take care too.  :)